Chapter 27 - Well, That's My Cue

Chapter 27

I saw my dad three days ago. I actually talked to him. I was face to face with him and it felt great to get everything off my chest. My mom met Zayn and absolutely fell in love with him. She approves which makes me feel happy and relived.

Now I was back home in my apartment in New York. Zayn was still with me. I was dreading him to go back to London but he had you. He had to be in the studio. I wanted to go with him but then I would be neglecting my apartment.

"Hey, Stel have you seen my black sweatshirt?" Zayn called out from the bedroom.

I walked in and pointed to my torso, "Right here."

He looked up and smirked, "Looks better on you than me."

I smiled and crawled onto the queen bed, "I hate that you have to go."

Zayn stopped packing and looked at me with a small frown, "I know but we can find time to visit each other and you won't be alone for long. Emily's coming back and you two can have some girl time," Zayn grinned.

I let out a little laugh, "I want my Zayn time too though."

"Trust me, you'll get plenty of Zayn time," He gave me a little kiss.

"Did you want your sweatshirt back?" I pulled at the sweater.

Zayn shook his head, "You keep it."

I nodded as a thank you, "When does your flight leave?"

"1 o'clock." He stated.

"I'm driving you," I told him.

"Oh, no it's fine babe I can call a cab." Zayn shrugged.

"No. I am driving you." I said sternly.

"Whoa, okay you're driving me," Then he mumbled, "Feisty"

I gasped and hit his arm playfully.

Zayn chuckled and grabbed my waist pulling me into his chest. He gave a big, sloppy kiss on cheek.

"Ew, Zayn! Stop!" I shouted at him while laughing.

I tried pushing myself away from him but he was too strong.

"Zayn, come on!" I groaned.

Zayn pulled away laughing his quiff off, "You're adorable."

"And you're gross," I giggled while wiping my cheek with my sleeve.

He chuckled, "We should get going if I want to make that flight."

"Right, let's go," I jumped off the bed.

I went into my closet and slipped on my UGG boots. I grabbed the keys and Zayn and I headed out.

The whole drive to the airport Zayn and I held hands. I played a mix of music of Ed Sheeran and The Maine. Zayn sang along to some of the songs. I purposely played the music low so his voice would overpower the radio. He gave me goosebumps as he sang.

We arrived at the airport and I decided to go through security with Zayn and say goodbye to him at the gate. While we waited, I got us both some Starbucks. As we were sitting down he held my hand loosely. I nervously rubbed my thumb across his fingers. I couldn't stop moving either. My whole body was getting restless.

"Stella, you can't stop fidgeting. Why are you so nervous?" Zayn tightened the grip on my hand.

"I just don't want you to leave. I'm gonna miss you...a lot."

"I'm gonna miss you too. But we're gonna talk every day. It'll be like I never left."

"Oh yeah, sure," I scoffed.

Zayn raised my hand to his lips and kissed my knuckles, "I promise it'll work out."

I didn't know what to say. I was nervous it wouldn't. I rested my head on his shoulder as we waited.

The first boarding call came through the speakers.

We waited.

The second boarding call came through the speakers.

We waited.

The final boarding call came through the speakers.

Zayn and I looked at each other with saddened eyes.

"Well, that my cue," Zayn said quietly.

We stood up and he pulled me into a tight hug. I buried my head into his chest trying to hold back tears. We pulled away and Zayn cupped his hands around my face. He stared at me with his chocolate hazelnut eyes and then pressed his lips to mine. We had a short gentle kiss. Neither of us were fans of PDA.

"I love you," He said once we pulled away.

I rested my hand over his, "I love you too, Zayn."

Zayn embraced me for one last hug and went to board his plane. He waved and blew a kiss goodbye before he boarded.

I watched as his plane went off and walked out of the airport feeling as lonely as ever.