Chapter 42 - Why The Hell Not?

Chapter 42

Zayn and I sat down in the back lounge of the bus. He shut the door giving us privacy from the others. I sat down on the black leather couch while Zayn just stood there, leaning against the wall.

"So, where do we start?" Zayn asked as he ran a hand through his dark hair.

"I guess I'll just start with Alex and I." I shrugged. Zayn nodded in response, "So you know how Alex and I are JUST friends. And I really mean that. We're JUST friends." I really emphasized on the 'Just friends' part because I had a feeling he thought the rumors were true.

"I know he's interested in you. I can just tell. I really don't like that guy."

I stood up and put my hand on his arm. Zayn dropped his eyes to avoid eye contact. I sighed, "Zayn, hey, looked at me," I said calmly. Zayn slowly brought his eyes up to look at mine, "Zayn, I love you. I would never cheat on you. I wouldn't even think of that. Alex was just trying to help me."

"Help you what? Get rid of your boyfriend," Zayn huffed and moved around me to sit down on the couch.

I let out a breath of disbelief, "Are you serious?" I turned to face him, "Zayn, are you crazy? I was just so upset about you being gone on tour. I spent the first three weeks in my bed crying, missing you like hell! God, it hurt so bad to know you were on the other side of the god damn world! And you think I would cheat on you? Cheat on you! You must think I'm some heartless bitch!"

"Stella, I don't think you're a heartless bitch," He muttered out.

"It sure sounds like you do. I hang out with one guy one time and I'm cheating on you! When all I was trying to do was actually get myself out of bed and stop missing you. Yes, I still missed you so much but I can't spend four months doing that! When I heard about you and Perrie I didn't think you were cheating. Yeah sure I had my doubts but that was because of Perrie. I trust you, not her."

Zayn put his head and his hands and waited a while till he lifted it back up, "In New York, I ran into Perrie at Starbucks. We talked for a little bit and had a goodbye hug. Someone got a picture of it and people thought we were back together. Management thought if Perrie and I hung out it'd make the fans happy and give us more publicity. It was never meant for us to get back together, though. It was only to hang out as friends. Nothing more. I'm sorry."

I sat down next to him wrapping my arm around his shoulders, "I'm sorry too." I whispered, "I hate this. I feel like management hates us together. I feel like they'll do anything to separate us."

"I know. But you know they can't right? They won't break us." Zayn said to me, staring at me.

I didn't return the eye contact though. I just nodded.

"You do know that right? Management won't break us up."

"What if they do? What if they force you to break up with me? What if they threaten you in some way you can't refuse so you HAVE to break up with me. I don't want to have worry about all that. I don't know if I can do it."

"What do mean? Are you saying you want to break up?"

I stood up and started to pace, "I don't know. I just think it'll keep both of us safe for a while. I mean the media is all over us right now and management obviously doesn't approve. I just don't know anymore."

Zayn stood up and put his hands on my arms to stop me from pacing, "Don't talk like that. Please. I don't want to break up with you.That will just kill me. I love you more than anything. Don't leave me." Zayn's eyes held my attention. His eyes were begging me to stay. He voice shook as he talked.