Chapter 33 - I'm Not Leaving

Chapter 33

I went home with Zayn to his flat at probably two in the morning. Emily went to Harry and Louis's flat along with Eleanor. I swear we were barely ever at our apartment. Luckily, the rent is low. Zayn gave me a t-shirt of his to borrow leaving out pants on purpose. I managed to sneak into his drawers and borrow a pair of boxers though.

"You disappoint me," Zayn joked when he noticed my bottom half was covered.

I giggled and put my hands on my hips, "Sorry, but I prefer to wear pants then no pants."

Zayn laughed and picked me up setting me down on the bed. He snuggled up to me and we lay there till we fell asleep.

When I woke, Zayn wasn't lying next to me. I traveled to the living room and saw Zayn outside on his balcony. He was leaning forward on the balcony, his arms resting on the railing, and his bum sticking out. He had something small in his hand. I looked closer at the object and realized it was a cigarette. He brought it his mouth then took it away letting a puff of smoke escape his lips. I stood there a little dumbfounded. I had no idea he smoked. I didn't know how I couldn't. I mean I wouldn't have see pictures or something wouldn't I? I honestly wasn't a big fan of people who smoked especially around others. I mean couldn't they have some decency. I just didn't know how I felt about Zayn smoking though. I love him but I hate smoking.

I took a few steps and quietly said, "Hey."

Zayn jumped a little in surprise and glanced at me. He quickly dug the cigarette onto the railing on the balcony and let it fall down to the street below.

"Hey," He said as he motioned for me to come out there with him.

I obeyed. When I got up to him, I went on my tippy toes to give him a good morning kiss. As I was about to kiss his pink lips he turned his head so I kissed his cheek. I knew why. He didn't want me to taste or smell the cigarette.

I decided to play dumb and act like I didn't see him with the death stick.

I fell back on my heels and gave him a confused look.

He smiled weakly, "I love you," He said and kissed my forehead.

Zayn walked back inside leaving me in the cool, brisk morning air. I was shocked. He really wasn't gonna tell me. Was he ever going to tell me? He can't hide this from me forever. I was debating whether or not to talk to him about this. I thought I should and shuffled back inside. Zayn was in the kitchen preparing a bowl of cereal.

I sat at the table ready to talk. I was about to bring it up but Zayn started to talk before me.

"So are you going back to Chicago for Christmas?" He said as he dug through the drawer for a spoon.

I nodded, "Yeah, I'm heading back in like 2 days."

Once Zayn found one, he joined me at the table, "It sucks we won't be together." He took a spoonful of Lucky Charms into his mouth.

I played with a loose thread on my shirt, "Yeah, but I think it's important I go back. I mean with my dad and everything."

Zayn looked at me worried, "Is he going to be with you guys?"

I shrugged, "He might be. I'm not sure."

"I can come-" He started to offer but I interrupted him.

"Zayn, I think I can face my dad without you. I don't need you there all the time. Besides, you need to spend time with your family. Can't be all about me." I shook my head at him as I reassured him.

"I know but it just worries me. I mean he could have killed you. I honestly don't think he should be out of prison." He argued.

I let out a sigh, "Can we just not talk about this right now. I really don't want this to be the way I start my morning." I ran my hands through my hair stressfully.