60

𝐴𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑙

[⚠️Trigger Warning: Suicide⚠️]

What are you grateful for?

I'm grateful for my mom and all the things she has to go through to get me and my siblings what we want and need

"Are you okay?" Lilly asked quietly as she laid on the bed with Lenora who looked absolutely horrible. Her hair was a bit messy, pale skin and slightly chapped lips made it clear that she wasn't feeling even close to okay, she had been feeling like this for a couple of days now. Lilly had came by very early just to be with her friend, Emma and Arvin weren't even up. Well at least they weren't up when she arrived, they might be up now. Lenora would be sleeping but her body felt too horrible to try and ignore it. She knew what was wrong but she didn't have the guts to tell anyone, which was understandable. The teenager was pregnant, pregnant with the preachers child.
She was just a teenage girl, a very young, naive and scared girl. No one else knew what the real problem was, only one person. Everyone else thought she got a really bad case of food poisoning or some type of stomach bug. "I think I'll be better in a couple of days." Lenora responded feeling a hand play with her hair.

Lilly was slightly sitting up against the bed frame with the sick girl resting her head on her chest, having someone hold her gave Lenora great comfort about the whole thing. But that someone was Lilly, her best friend in the whole world a person who she was absolutely in love with and that made her feel guilty. She still decided just to enjoy this calm moment. "You didn't have to come this early. You could've came a couple minutes before Church, instead you came a couple of hours." Lilly didn't have a problem with it, she felt bad that her friend was feeling horrible. There was really nothing she could do about it but the least she could do was comfort her, or even talk to her just to give her company. Lilly knew Lenora didn't like to be alone.

"I wanted to surprise you, you've been feeling down lately and I knew this was the only thing I can do to try and help....is it working?" Lilly asked glancing down at Lenora although she couldn't get a good look at her. "...it's a distraction." Her friend responded with a weak chuckle. "So I take it you're not going to church then?" Lilly questioned hearing the very weak chuckle fall from Lenoras lips that seemed to be in a frown. "I don't want to miss it, but seeing the way things are right now I think I have to." The girl had never missed a day in her life, she was completely devoted to it. It brought her comfort and a sense of relief sometimes knowing that she wasn't completely alone. For all she knew she could always have someone standing right besides her, perhaps God himself.

"How's Mildred doing?" Lenora asked with hesitation trying not to sound too interested, in reality she was very worried about what would happen if word got out. She couldn't imagine what that lady would think of her, what that pregnant lady would think of her. "She's doing alright I guess, she just stays in bed most of the time now. Her belly's getting really big..." Lilly said in an unenthusiastic way, she had nothing against Mildred nor the baby, all that hate was going towards her dad, but whenever someone mention any of them she couldn't help but roll her eyes and feel like she was getting replaced. As if she were nothing. She already didn't like her 'sibling' not one bit, but then again it didn't really ask to be where so it wasn't it's fault. Just the fault of a cruel, controlling ball of slime.