14

𝐿𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑁𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑆𝑤𝑖𝑚

"I'm sorry I didn't mean for that to happen

"I'm sorry I didn't mean for that to happen." The girl repeated although he didn't say a word to her. Without any warning Arvin grabbed her and pulled her in with him as well. Once she got to the surface she wiped her wet hair away from her face. Her jaw dropped realizing what Arvin had done. Of course she wasn't mad because she had planned on getting in before but the fact that Arvin had pulled her in surprised her.

Arvin let out a couple laughs looking at her shocked expression, this was honestly fun. Normally he wouldn't find himself doing this, but with her he seemed to kinda drop his serious demeanor. "Why'd you do that?" She asked as she splashed water in his face. "I thought you wanted to get in?" Arvin questioned as he floated around in the water.

"I did, I just thought you were gonna get mad at me is all." She confessed with a small laugh, his face did look pretty pissed off when he had barley fallen in. "Well since I'm going home like this you are too. So we're even." He told her with a small smile he tried to hide, but he didn't know why though. Sometimes he found himself hiding his enjoyment around good company.

Arvin took off his jean jacket as it became to heavy and threw it onto the near by land. "Ugh we're gonna get in trouble." Lilly said with a small laugh, she didn't know if she was scared or excited. Arvin had the effect on making everything a little more fun, even if it was getting in trouble. "Hey your matches and cigarettes got wet." Lilly informed him, swimming a bit closer after she delivered the box of wet matches to him from his jacket.

"Shit." Arvin cursed forgetting all about them, good thing those were the only things in his pockets or else he would've been fucked, and not in a good way. "I'll buy you new ones if you want." His friend suggested, the very small current in the water made the two come closer, not too close though.

"I thought you didn't want me smoking them." He said looking down at her with an amused look on his face "well, while they can kill you and you should stop smoking them...I like the smell." Arvin caught himself looking down at her for quite some time, he liked the way the water reflected in her eyes. He thought it looked, dare he say, beautiful. Maybe it was just this specific lighting, or the fact that he could tell her anything and she wouldn't judge, or maybe it was the way he felt so calm and unbothered with her.

"Why do you like the smell?" He asked with curiosity, Lilly took her time to answer as she was to busy looking up at sky. "I don't know, it calms me. Makes me feel at home." She told him shrugging her shoulders "it calms you..." he repeated out loud for a reason unknown to him. They held strong eye contact for sometime, as if they were trying their best to read one another. "Yup." She responded popping out the p the slightest bit.

"What are you gonna do after high school?" Lilly questioned out of no where. With all honesty, Arvin didn't know what he wanted to do "I haven't thought about it...probably just stay here..." he told her "just because you live here doesn't mean you'll end up here Arvin" the girl said as she began to float on her back. Staring into the mysterious obis as she drifted along the surface, it was like she was floating in the air.

"What are you gonna do after high school?" The boy questioned "hmmm I don't know either, whatever happens happens I guess. I'm kinda excited." She confessed with a childish smile "For?" He asked wanting her to elaborate "The future." Spoke the girl as she continued to stare up at the sky, right now the two felt so calm as if nothing else even existed, no care in the world. In her presence, he felt some type of weight being lifted off his shoulders.

The boy was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard his friend hum a familiar toon, a very familiar toon in fact. His mom sang it all the time since he could remember. Not really thinking at the moment he began to hum along too. "I was trying to be quiet. And to think of what you said. Just before the lamps were lighted, just before the children came." Once Arvin started singing along she looked over in surprise. "When my room was very quiet. I heard someone call me name. Saying 'come up here my little Bessie'..."

The two stopped, giving small chuckles "...my mom liked that song." Arvin told her, he didn't know why. "Yeah mine too." She responded with a smile that went from ear to ear. Both of them now floating on their backs, he looked over at her. Her smile made him grin unknowingly. It's like it was contagious or something, no matter how hard he tried to just keep a straight face she managed to break it.

In the distance Arvin heard a car, the lake was next to another road and could easily be seen. Looking over he saw in was a cop car headed their way, there was a curfew so the two would definitely get in trouble if they were somehow spotted. A Quickly before the officer could see them he caught Lilly's attention, gesturing towards the direction the car was coming from. Lilly didn't know what to do, luckily Arvin already had an idea.

Quickly Arvin grabbed her hand and pulled her down under the water with him, the sudden freshness making contact with her hair and face made her shiver she slightest bit. It was dark the only thing that gave them light was the moon in the sky. Arvin looked up seeing the lights of the car pass by slowly, too slowly for his liking. Arvin kept her hand in his as a signal not to come up yet.

Once he saw the lights pass with his blurry vision he gave Lilly a small push making her reach the top first. Finally Lilly took in a gasp of a air that her lungs had been practically begging for. Arvin came up to the surface soon after her. Their hair and face wet once again, some droplets dripping off their nose. Arvin looked down at her and brushed some of the hair out of her face "maybe what was our sign to get out of here." Arvin said with a chuckle. "Yeah." Lilly agreed letting out a sigh.

Without a second thought the two jumped out, their clothes making water drip onto the grass. "That was a close one." Arvin said as the two walked back side by side. "I know." Lilly agreed with a small laugh. "Want me to take you home now?" The boy asked already assuming the answer to that question. "No." she told him with honesty "do you want to take me home now?" The girl question turning her head to look at him. Arvin felt a smile growing on his face, he looked to the ground, then back to her "no."

But the two knew they had to go back home eventually.

A/N:
Sorry this was short and boring but more Arvin and Lilly content