21

𝐶ℎ𝑢𝑟𝑐ℎ 𝑆𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑎𝑦

"Hurry up Arvin were gonna be late

"Hurry up Arvin were gonna be late." Lenora complained as she barged into his room without a warning. Still the 18 year old was asleep in his bed wrapped up in his warm blankets, when he heard someone enter his room he opened his eyes letting out a tired groan. "Late for what?"

"It's Sunday..." she said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "And we're all ready so hurry up." His sister repeated, she didn't want to walk in while everybody was praying, but seeing how long Arvin was taking just to wake up she knew that would be the case. "Yeah yeah whatever. I'll be right there."

Still he didn't move from his stop. Lenora took it upon herself to wake her big brother up. So she grabbed a pillow that was in the floor and hit him with it multiple times. "Get up. Don't you wanna see Lilly today?" She teased with a smile "no." He said trying to be serious but he smiled almost immediately. "Yes you do." Lenora responded as she walked out his room to give him time to get ready.

Arvin was a bit rushed so he still looked a bit tired, after getting dressed he walked out of his room and grabbed his keys. "Her daddy is making to read today." Lenora informed while walking up behind her brother. "Who told you?" Arvin asked with confusion. "Well she did obviously. I'm scared for her. It gives me the goosebumps just thinking about it."

"She didn't tell me anything about that." He said "why would she tell you?" Her brother asked with a small meaningless glare. "Because I'm her best friend." Lenora answer as she crossed her arms, a smile of victory plastered on her small face. "Hey I'm her best friend too." Arvin responded, plus he was her boyfriend so it was a bonus.

"Oh hush you two." Emma said as she walked out the door with her purse, her grandchildren following right after. Arvin sat in the drivers seat, Lenora in the back and Emma right next to Arvin, like so many times before they lost count. As Lenora sat down she looked around his car, come old snack wrappers scattered about. "Arvin you should pick up your car, it's a mess." She told him making her brother scoff "oh yes because 4 candy wrappers is a mess. I'll throw them away later." He told her while starting the car.

"How's Lilly?" Emma asked as she looked over to Arvin who had barley began driving. He stayed silent for a few seconds until finally speaking. "She's....good." He answered with a few nods of his head. Whenever he would be talking about her to Emma or almost anyone he would get a bit nervous. He never knew why though.

"Yeah she must be really good..." Lenora commented as she held up what looked to be her friends bra that she found in the back seat, her eyes wide. "Give me that." Arvin glanced back at his sister quickly he snatched it away from her, putting it under his seat. Emma looked up at the car ceiling mumbling something under her breath, probably hating the fact that her Arvin was growing up so fast. The old lady praying to got that he was careful.

"Don't go on and do something her daddy would hate you for Arvin. We're already hanging by a thread with Preacher Teagardin as it is." She warned giving him a glance. "I won't." He responded giving her the same glance but she gave a look that said 'Yeah sure' Arvin let out a small laugh "I won't!" He exclaimed as Emma playfully hit him on the shoulder.