5

𝑝𝑟𝑎𝑦 𝑜𝑛 𝑖𝑡

[Trigger Warning: Child abuse]

That Friday night when Arvin had dropped Lilly off she was scared to go home, although she didn't show it she was shaking in her boots. Her father knew she wasn't one to pray and that would anger him beyond anything. With Preston being angry, Mildred became just as angry. Sure from the outside they looked like a nice and clean cut family but on the inside it was a bit different.

She did love her father, but she couldn't help but see him as the monster in her closet. She couldn't wait for the day when she would leave this place and start her own life without her controlling father telling her what to do every five minutes. She understood that it's what parents do, but her father was not a normal dad, it was something she would realize when she hit the age of 15.

Quietly, she opened the front door not wanting to bump into her father, surely he would have something to say about her black eye. But she couldn't out run this considering they all lived together. From hearing a throat clear from the other room, she was definitely right, she couldn't out run this at all.

"What is that, on your face." Her father questioned slowing approaching her. "These boys I've been telling you about. They cornered me in the back." She told him not wanted to bring up Lenora or Arvin. "So you're telling me them boys did that to you?" He asked pointing outside. "Yes sir." She said with a nod, looking down to cover face in some type of shame.

"Lilly this wouldn't have happened if you listen to me. This is gods way of telling you that what you're doing ain't right. He is punishing you Lilly, for shutting the light out of your life." He scolded her with disappointment. Lilly mentally rolled her eyes, of course he was turning this into something about god when it had nothing to do about religion. "You my dear need to pray about it that's all. Now I know you haven't been praying...and you know what happens when you don't pray...."

Lilly knew exactly what he was talking about, this was her punishment ever since she was a small girl. Her mother disapproved of this punishment, she didn't care if her daughter prayed or not, but her mom wasn't here no more. "No please don't make me go..." she pleaded backing away a small bit. "Now I am your father and you do as I say." He said with authority, his hand pointing outside. "I don't want to go..." she told him shaking her head in fear.

This was the last straw for her father, he didn't like when people told him no, especially his own daughter. In one swift motion Preston grabbed her wrist practically dragging her to the back door past the living room and kitchen. With all her might she tried to push him away, anything so she wouldn't go back there.

With all her constant pulling and pushing he decided to grab her by the hair this time making her fall in the floor. "No! Dad please! I can't go back in there! Please!" She yelled at the top of her lungs stills being dragged only this time she was on the floor, and it was by her brown locks making her head hurt like never before.

Now they were finally outside, the mud getting her dress and hands dirty. Lilly was crying hysterically, her breathing uneven causing her to cough and her words became unclear. Preston fiddled with the key in his had and unlocked the shed, grabbing a hold of his daughter in an upright position, he tossed her into the shed closing the door before she could even get up.

Lilly didn't like small and dark places at all, ever since she was a kid. This was the very reason. The walls felt like they were getting smaller and smaller by the second just like her throat, she felt as if she couldn't breath. Preston locked the door hearing her bang on it loudly with her hands. "I know, I know. This hurts me as much as it hurts you but it has to be done."

"Father please! It's too dark in here!" The girl cried, "I want you to pray about what happened today you hear? Tell the lord what happened, maybe he'll let you out." Preston told her as he walked away hearing the crying in the distance.

Getting tired of all the crying and screaming she backed up into the wall and slowly sat down. She brought her hand up and prayed, still nothing ever happened.

A/N:

This is before Arvin meets the preacher, I just wanted to give more insight of Lilly and her life with her father. I kinda wanted to show how their relationship looks perfect from the outside but in reality it's not.