0

𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

Lilly took in a deep breath from the warm Tennessee atmosphere as she looked around outside, it was sunny, as usual and barley any clouds in the sky. Although it smelt like slight rain would make its way across their down later in the day, she didn't mind, she preferred it raining. It was exciting, splashing around in puddles while liquid poured down entrained the 7 year old like nothing else.

"Go on darling, still some time before your daddy gets back." Her mother reminded, gently giving her a slight push as a signal to hop off the porch and play. The seven year old did what was told and gave a big hop, skipping the three large steps making her mother's heart skip a beat with worry.

"You go on and be careful now. Don't get your clothes so dirty." The lady warned as she watched her daughter walk off. Still being able to hear her mother, she responded with a "yes mama." Wasting no time, her little feet stomped on the rich earth occasionally crushing leaves and twigs that had fallen from the tall green trees.

Finally, play time. Where she didn't have to be stuck in that house all day. Before she went off into the wood, she would surly have to get her toys, what was she supposed to do without them? Just like many times before Lilly made her way to the shed, using her strength to tippy toe and reach for the hatch that kept the dark wooden door closed.

Hearing the old door creek open always sent chills down her spine, gathering her up her courage she stepped inside the dark space, unable to turn on the light that was dangling in the center, she was just far too small. The door, not being propped open by something, ultimately slammed shut. The loud noise making her jump. Now she was surrounded in darkness, only with some patches of light.

Her father had told her old ghost stories when he read the Bible to her before she went to bed, they had always frightened her, even the good stories. Maybe that was why she was so afraid of the dark, or maybe it was just her 7 year old imagination, thoughts running wild. A person in the corner watching her every move was only a drying mop standing against the corner of the wall.

Naturally her body lead her to the same path she had gone thousands of times to retrieve her items, her arms reached out to make sure she didn't bump into any of her fathers dangerous tool. Comping to a stop when she felt a wall, that was her que to bend down and grabbed her bad. So she did just that, making sure to speed things up in case a demon decided to lurk from the shadows to take her, just like her father told her.

Play time when on as usual, the same time as usual, with her father coming back...like usual. Feeling that it was about time to leave, she gathered her things in a bad and made her way back. Doing this so many times, she had a sense of when her father always arrived.

Just as she thought he was right there, there he was standing outside talking to her mother, his talk figure wearing a gray suit. Eyes like green leaves on the trees she had just passed not to long ago, his hair honey brown, soft and healthy. Hearing footsteps both the adult heads turned seeing their daughter approach them. A smile on he face, with some slight patches of mud.

"What are you doing out here girly?" Her father greeted with a smile as he opened up his arms to give Lilly a hug. "Oh hush Preston, she's been cooped up in the house all damn morning." Lilly's mother joined in, playfully hitting her husband with a kitchen rag. "Oh she knows I'm just joking. Ain't that right darling?" He responded lifting the girl up off her feet, carrying her on his hip like nothing.

To the rhetorical question, Lilly gave a strong nod. This action made her mother and father smile cheek to cheek. "Why don't we go inside and get you cleaned up and ready for dinner. I bet you're hungry from all your playing." Preston encouraged slightly tickling her stomach with his large hand, hearing Lilly giggle the slightest bit.

A/N
I know this is really short, trust me most of my chapters are 2k or 3k this was only 700. But as the story goes on they will be longer, it just takes me a while to get adapted to a new story. Just to remind you that this is just and introduction.

Also some facts and time lines aren't going to be exactly like the movies but I hope you don't mind.

Like Preston Teagardin looks pretty young in the film and it wouldn't make that much sense for his daughter to be 17 when everything happens and him to still be kinda young...I mean it can happen idk maybe he got married really early and had a child really early it's a fanfic so don't @ me😭