57

𝑌𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑔 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒

Favorite chips?

I love Hot Fries, Hot Cheetos and Hot/Nacho Doritos. But add some chili con queso and they're like 100x better😤 fawk I'm hungry

[trigger warning: violence and strong manipulation]

Lenora turned the page of the sacred book that had been resting on her mother's headstone. Even though the girl didn't know her, she loved her mom and every night she found herself hoping that her mother was with her. She knew her mother was looking down on her and watching over her and Arvin. Lenora would give anything to get to know her, talk to her or even just get to look at her face to face. But she knew that could never happen and Helen was really gone, her father on the other hand wasn't a for sure answer. He could still be alive walking this earth without a care in the world, or he could be dead. If he was alive that would mean that he was possibly the one who had taken Helen off this Earth. Lenora didn't know for sure but all she knew it that if he ever came back to see her, Lenora would want to start over with her dad.

Humming a small tune she sat comfortably on the old grass looking over her mother's photo, it was completely calm and peaceful although she would rather have Lilly or Arvin with her. She understood Arvin's urgency to get her home, she was hurt and probably a bit traumatized for all she knew. She wouldn't make her friend stay just because she didn't want to be alone, that wasn't right so she let Arvin and go run along. The girl had no idea when Arvin would be coming back, hopefully soon, the silence and loneliness was beginning to get unbearable. She didn't like being alone, it made her sad but she was always alone so it was nothing new.

Breaking the warm and calm feeling thunder roared and cracked with the gray clouds. One droplet of water fell hitting the somewhat beige paper of her bible. Then another and another until it began to pour. Quickly she got up putting her mother's picture in between the pages of the holy book, gathered her things and rushed to any type of shelter from the rain. The Church was right there and the only thing that could comfort her at the moment so she made her way there. Her hair and dress getting wet in the process of running through the now somewhat muddy ground. Even if she wasn't able to get inside, the porch would do until Arvin came back. She really did hope her brother came soon, now she couldn't even be with her momma.

The white doors of the church creaked opened making her turn around quickly. "Who is it out there?" Preston asked as if he hadn't been watch the young girl pray from the windows of the structure. "Lenora Lafferty, Preacher Teagardin." The girl stated now fully turning around to face him. Her head glancing down at her shoes feeling slightly intimidated by his strong presence. "Girl, have you been crying?" He questioned stepping out onto the porch with her. "It's nothing. I just get down sometimes. The kids at school like to tease, and I ain't gonna have family there come next year." The thought of not having Arvin to protect her made her very nervous, scared even. Preston could relate. He would never win a fist fight but he was blessed with other gifts, like resisting the Bible in his sleep.