Y/n's Little Helper

I was alone with JinBot.  There was no way this could go incredibly wrong, right? 

JinBot began following me around the apartment.  I started cleaning the remaining dishes and dirty counters in the kitchen.  JinBot was right behind, working on the other side of the kitchen.  Once we'd finished that task we moved to the living room.  I instructed JinBot to clean the office while I cleaned my room.  I didn't need him seeing the things I had strewn about my room.  I had a laundry pile five feet high and the top foot was undergarments.  I definitely didn't want him seeing my unmentionables.  At least not yet...

Ok, I'm not even going to fight that thought.  He hasn't tried to kill me in the last 24 hours  and I'm exhausted, so I'll cut my hormones some slack.  

I'd saved my least favorite task for last...the bathroom.  

"Hello!"

"Hey JinBot."

"Jin!"

"Sorry, it will take me a while to get used to that.  Jin."

"What are you doing?"

"A full sentence?  Nice job.  I'm begrudgingly cleaning the bathroom."

"Be..grud...gingly?"

"Oh sorry, I should probably use simpler words.  Hmm...I'm cleaning the bathroom, but I don't like to."

"Don't like to?"

"Right, it's my least favorite.  I don't really like cleaning anyway, but that doesn't matter right now."

"I will clean it for you." Another complete sentence?  Nice, he's really starting to pick up sentence structure pretty quickly.  

"Are you sure?"

"Sure?"

"Yes, are you ok cleaning it?"

"Oh!  Yes, I like to clean."

"Oh yeah, I forgot.  In that case, sure."

A smile shot to his lips.  If I had known cleaning made him that happy I would have let him do all of it.  Now the question was what to do now that I had a few minutes free.  

I decided to grab a drink, a few snack, and get caught up on the latest trash TV.  I watched a few episodes of the latest reality dating show and realized I hadn't seen JinBot.  The episodes were 40 something minutes long, so it'd easily been an hour and a half or maybe two since he'd gone into the bathroom to clean.  I paused the show and headed to check on him.  I looked into the bathroom, but he wasn't there.  The bathroom, however, was absolutely sparkling clean.  No hard water, not rust stains, nothing.  He was a magician.  Well...technically he's a robot, but whatever.  Robot Magician!  Robogician?  Rogician? 

My ramblings were interrupted by a very low humming sounds.  My body was instantly on high alert.  The last time I heard humming coming from JinBot he was about to go into KillMode.  I tiptoed toward the sound.  It was coming from the office.  He had already cleaned the office so now I was entirely ready to run.  I was fully prepared to see JinBot in some weird position, like he'd been before, and getting ready to start scanning the room for targets.  What I did not expect was to see him under the desk organizing cables and zip-tying them, spot vacuuming with a handheld vacuum I didn't even know I had, and scrubbing baseboards with...my toothbrush?  I appreciated the help, but c'mon man.  My toothbrush?  

I stood there and watched silently for a few minutes.  I realized he had been humming a song, not just making noise.  It sounded familiar, but I couldn't seem to think of the title.  I watched for another minute or two.  Feeling satisfied with my discovery, I headed back to the living room to continue binging.  It was nice to actually have a chance to sit and do nothing.  At this rate I should be all caught up on my stories before I turned in for the night.  It was turning into an enjoyable night after all.