Decisions

Raj had checked back in with me a few times only to tell me it was a little more complicated than most issues and he would need to keep investigating.  I emptied a few more bottles waiting for JK to return.  He was either taking a long time, or I was stress drinking.  If that's a thing. 

I heard a quiet knock on the front door.  Finally, JK.  Jeez.  I got back up off the floor and walked toward the door.  I made a quick stop in the kitchen the throw the bottles away. 

I opened the door and my nose was hit by a wave of melty cheesy deliciousness.  Mmm...

"Hi!  I'm sorry I took so long.  I guess I didn't realize how slow I had to go once I got the pizza."

"It's like 2 miles from here, it's not that far."

"Correct, it isn't far away.  It only took me about 15 minutes to run there, but I decided to go slower on the way back so that I didn't jostle the pizza around."

"You RAN to the pizza place?  Why didn't you drive?"

"I enjoy being surrounded by the outdoor world when I go places.  I can experience more when I run.  Plus I do not have a car or know how to drive."

"JK, are you serious?"

"Yes."  He looked confused.

"I believe you.  Listen, after we get this whole thing figured out and things settle down I'll teach you how to drive, ok?"

His eyes grew large.

"You would do that, for me?"

"Of course, everyone needs to know how to drive.  Plus what if I need you to be the DD for me and JinBot?"

Again I saw a look on confusion on his face.

"DD?  What is DD?  Did you change Jin's name?"

"Oh JK.  I love you." So maybe I shouldn't have drank so many beers so quickly.  My humor was lost on him. "DD is designated driver, so like if say we went out downtown and I had a few, but you didn't,  you'd be able to drive me home."

"That makes more sense, but why would you have Jin with you?  He is an android and does not require food or drink."

"I know.  It was a joke.  Also, JinBot was just something I said in the moment.  It's kind of clever though, right?"

"I suppose."

I love JK, but sometimes I don't understand him.  Is he dense or just naive?

"Why is Jin covered with a blanket?"

"Oh yeah.  He was watching me and it made me uncomfortable.  I'm going to leave him covered until Raj can figure out what's wrong."  Huh.  He?  I guess I could refer to it has he, but I still wasn't going to call him Jin until we could communicate. 

"Who is Raj?" Always with the questions. 

"Yes, hello, this is Raj.  I am still working to try to fix your problem.  Please continue to hold.   Thank you."

"Um...that's Raj.  He's with LoveStyle technical support and he's working on figure out what's up with the LoveDoll." 

"Ok.  I hope he can help."

"Me too buddy, me too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had been on the phone with Raj for about an hour and 20 minutes.  I was starting to lose hope.  I had contemplated hanging up more than a few times, but we'd all already invested this much time into figure out what was up with my LoveDoll so I decided to keep holding.