All That is Bright and Beautiful

Real Housewife?  Barf.  I suppose he didn't mean it to be insulting. 

JK walked through the door a few minutes later. 

"So this is what your apartment looks like?  I like it!"

"Thanks, JK.  Sorry I got upset when you said I reminded you of a Real Housewife.  I know you didn't mean to make me mad."

"It's ok.  You are my friend.  I forgive you."

"Thanks.  Now could you help me get him out?"

I walked toward the opened crate, JK followed behind.  He appeared to assess the situation. 

"Wow.  He's beautiful.  What's his name?"

"He really is, isn't he?  I haven't found the perfect name yet.  I figured I'd do that after I get him out and activated."

"Cool!  Can I be here when you turn him on?"

"Sure.  You've helped me a lot so why not?"  I was hoping he couldn't see my face start to flush.  He really did have a way with words. 

Before I could even bend down to help JK had already lifted the LoveDoll out of the box and stood him up.  He was a good 4 inches taller than me.  Perfect.  I didn't want him to be too massive, but I wanted him taller.  The light reflected impeccably off his raven hair.  I had ordered a few wigs with him as well, so I could change his hair color and style, depending on my mood. 

"Wow.  Thank you, you didn't have to lift him all by yourself."

"I'm really strong, remember?"  I turned to look at his goofy smile. 

"I do remember.  Thanks.  Now that's he out of the box I can get to the instructions.  Give me a minute and we'll get him activated."

I picked up the small piece of paper that was in the box.   Huh...that's not very big for an owner's manual or instructions. 

Please download our app.  There you will find the user's manual and different programs for you new LoveDoll.  Congratulations on your purchase! 

Alright, that sounded good.  I always have my phone with me anyway, so what better place to keep the manual?  I opened my app store, typed in LoveDoll, and found the app.  I downloaded it and opened it. 

Please enter serial number to continue. 

Ok, that made sense.  Maybe they had special stuff based on your personal customization.  Cool! 

"JK, could you find the serial number and read it to me please?"

"Found it.  It's printed on his butt.  Hahaha."

"Great.  Thanks.  What is it?"  While I did find it hilarious, I just wanted to get him activated. 

"Oh sorry.  510KORWWH337"

I typed the numbers in.  I was greeted by a welcome screen.  I clicked through the typical legal pages and checked yes, I accept.  After I hit enter I was prompted with another screen. 

Enter name.

"Well JK, it looks like I have to enter a name before we can move forward.  Any suggestions?"

"How about Jungkook?  It's a good name."

"It is a good name, but I don't think so.  That'd be a little weird."

"Oh right!  You can't have two friends named Jungkook.  What about James?"

"Eww, no.  I already thought about that and decided against it."

"What if you named him after someone you know?"

"That would be weird too.  Do you have any other ideas?"

JK didn't respond.  I looked over and saw him just staring at it.  He looked the Love Doll up and down.  I think he was admiring the craftsmanship, or possibly the detail they put into it. 

"He's so beautiful and his skin is so soft!  The light just bounces off it, it's almost blinding." 

"He is very handsome, but we'll never see him come to life if we don't figure out a name.  Do you have any other ideas?"

"How do women decide on baby names?"

"Sometimes they have favorite names, sometimes they're named after family, and sometimes they use a baby name book, why?"

"Why don't you name him after someone if your family?"

"Eww.  Again, no.  That makes it weird... WAIT!  JK, you're a genius!"

"I am?"

"Yes!  We'll use a baby name database and find something.  Let's give him a name that has meaning.  What meaning should we search for?"

Again he didn't answer.  He was in awe.  I heard him whisper.

"...so beautiful..."

"Ok.  We'll search for names that mean beautiful."

I opened a browser window on my computer and typed in 'baby names meaning beautiful.'

I started reading and scrolling.   Allen; Celtic meaning handsome, cheerful.  No.  He didn't look like an Allen.  Beaumont; french meaning beautiful mountain.  No, that sounded southern and wrong.  Faron; English meaning handsome servant.  Hmm...he's kind of a servant, but that name doesn't fit him.  Hussein; Arabic meaning small, handsome one.  Well he isn't small, and he's Asian, not middle eastern.  Kevin; Irish meaning handsome.  No, I had a friend named Kevin and I don't think I would be able to see anything other than him.  That would be weird.  Jin; Chinese meaning bright and beautiful.  Jin?  JIN!  It was perfect.  He was bright and beautiful.  It was an easy name to spell, and easy name to say, and I definitely didn't know any Jins.  Absolutely perfect. 

I typed Jin into the name box on my phone and hit enter. 

JK and I both looked toward Jin and held our breath. 

"JinBot activated."

"Annyeonghaseyo!"