Packmule

"Whoa, whoa whoa! Take a breath, Jungkook."

He inhaled deeply. The look on his face read utter confusion.

"I wanted to move in late at night so I didn't disturb anyone. That way I wasn't in the way of anyone trying to use the stairs, plus it's cooler when the sun is down." That last part was true at least.  "I didn't ask you for help because we don't know each other that well and I didn't want to impose.  Plus, how am I supposed to know you're strong?"

"You wouldn't be imposing, we're neighbors!"

I guess his definition of neighbors and mine are completely different.  I'm the kind of neighbor who tries to keep to myself. 

"Ok, well I appreciate that.  I remember making some sort of pulley system thing for a science fair project back in elementary school.  I was just kind of playing that one by ear.  The crate is over there in the bushes."  I pointed.  "I was in the bushes working on they pulleys when I saw the blue and red lights, so I just kind of collapsed and hid."

I watched the gears start to turn.  His lips crept into a half smile. 

"Let me see the crate!" 

Before I could protest he was down the stairs and in the bushes.  I propped his door open so we didn't have a repeat situation and I headed down the stairs to meet him. 

"What's Älskar docka mean?"

I read the words as he said them. 

"I'm not sure."  Finally, something I could say truthfully.

"Ok, well what's in the crate?  Maybe it's that, but in a different language."

I should have known he wouldn't just mindlessly agree to help me. 

"Um..."  Shit.  Think.  Quickly!

"It's a new vacuum!"

"Why would it be in this large of a box?  And why would you be so secretive about a vacumm?"

"It's a special vacuum.  It's kind of...experimental.  The inventor is only letting a few people test it out.  I think he wanted to keep it hidden well so he probably wrapped a bunch of stuff around it, maybe even put a metal case around it so that if they x-ray it at the shipping place they can't see his design and somehow steal or copy it."  That sounded pretty legitimate.  Nice going, y/n.

"Hmm...well guessing from the umlauts that this came from one of the Scandinavian countries."

Huh, so Jungkook was kind of smart. 

"There are only a few people testing it?  That sounds exclusive!  You must have some pretty good connections."

"Of course!  My family came over from Norway a few generations ago, but we still have some family over there.  My grandma was talking to a cousin and mentioned I'm kind of a clean freak, so I guess they figured I would be a great person to test out this vacuum.  The rest is, as they say, history!"

"Cool.  So do you want me to carry this upstairs for you, or what?"

"Sure.  My hand truck is over there." 

I walked over to hand truck.  I wheeled it back over to the bushes, but to my surprise JK had already pulled the crate out and was just about to the bottom of the stairs.  I wheeled it back over to the stairs. 

"Jungkook, here's the hand truck.  Let's get it put onto this and I'll help you get it up the stairs."

"No need!"

He hoisted the huge crate onto his back and started to climb the stairs.  I gasped, worrying he would snap his legs, or his back for that matter, trying to muscle it up the stairs.  To my surprise he didn't seem to be struggling at all.  I followed a few steps behind.  He took each step effortlessly and in no time he was at the top of the stairs.  He was no human.  Nobody could just carry that upstairs like that.  He didn't even break a sweat! 

"I don't want to trouble you further, but is it ok if my vacuum and I stay at your place until morning?  I really don't want to have to call the apartment manager right now and tell him I'm locked out."

"Yes, if your promise to tell me what's really in the crate."