Undercover

"You heard our options.  What do you think?" I honestly didn't know what I should do.  Hopefully this would be one of those moments of JK brilliance. 

"I could help you you repack and ship Jin."

"Thanks, JK.  I really do appreciate it, but I don't think so.  You remember how awkward and weird getting him up here the first time was.  It literally just happened.  I'm still scarred."

"I can carry him easily!"

"I know, but what if you're not around.  Besides, you heard him, that whole process takes 2-3 months.  I've already waited a long time for JinBot to get here and I don't want to have to wait another chunk of time."

"OK.  What do you think then?"

"I'm kind of leaning towards having someone remote in and change the language.  It seems like it would be the least hassle when it comes right down to it."

"That is correct.  Why don't we call Raj back and tell him to get started?"

"Yeah, I think I will."

JK walked over to JinBot and pulled off the blanket. 

"Gomabseubnida!"

I turned just in time to see JinBot bow slightly.  I watched him for a split second too long.  On his way back up we locked eyes, AGAIN, and he flashed me a toothy smile.  Handsome.  Creepy. 

No.  Just no.  I cannot deal with this robot watching me for two weeks.  How would I tell him to stop or to leave alone.  He'd be watching my every move with those foreign eyes.  Plus, what if I accidentally breach the four foot radius.  Would it fry my brain?  Would I receive a huge dose of radiation?  What if he short-circuits and catches fire or he makes some terrible noise for two straight weeks?  Ugh...no. 

I stood up and walked over to the LoveDoll.  I'm not calling him Jin again until I get this thing settled.  I grabbed the blanket yet again and recovered it. 

"Yeah, no."

"No?"

"Yes."

"Yes?"

"Damn it, JK.  Stop being confusing and adorable!  No, I can't do the two week long remote.  I just can't."

JK smiled.  I'm sure he was basking in my adoration.

"Why not?"

"I can't deal with that thing lurking in the corner.  Watching me.  Judging me."

"Jin?"

"I refuse to call it anything other than LoveDoll or robot until it speaks English and I'm less creeped out by it."

"How can you be creeped out by him?  He's so handsome."

"Perhaps."

"Come on y/n.  You know you think he's attractive.  You designed him so obviously you think he's handsome."

"Maybe if I wasn't so put-off by his dead eyes."

"I find his eyes very captivating.  Hypnotizing...enchanting."

"JK.  Seriously.  Chill."  This guy.  He's lucky I appreciate his quirks.

"I apologize.  I got carried away."

"It happens to the best of us."

"OK.   Where does that leave us?"

"Having someone remote in and enable the LoveDoll's learn function.  Then I suppose I teach him English."

"Don't forget to teach him about your wants, needs, and desires."

"JUNGKOOK!"  

"Did I say something wrong?"

"I'm teaching him English.  That's it.  Even if I did decide to teach him other things that's really not something I'm comfortable discussing it with you.  At least not at this point."

"I apologize.  When you do feel comfortable discussing it, I'll be here."

"Thanks, I think." 

"So it's decided then?"

"I guess so.  I'll call first thing in the morning so when he does finish his update, or whatever you'd call it, it should be morning and I'll have time to teach him about the importance of sleep so he doesn't keep me up all night." 

"I can't wait!" Oh, sweet innocent JK.  I wish I could be as optimistic as you.