The Moment of Truth

Love Doll unboxing: take two.  I was going to do things right this time.  I grabbed my beer back out of the fridge and popped the top with ease, thanks to my friend, Jungkook.  I took a swig.  The icy beverage froze it's way down my throat.  It definitely hit the spot.  It'd been an interesting 24 hours. 

I walked to the crate and inspected the hardware holding it together.  It looked like all I would need would be  a couple of screwdrivers.  Awesome.  I was no handyman, but I did have a few basic tools and I really didn't want to have to bother JK again tonight. 

I rifled through my junk bag again and found the necessary tools.  I grabbed the bag of cookies and set everything down on the floor.  One last step.  I plugged the auxiliary cord into my phone and turned the stereo on.  I scrolled through my music.  No.  No.  No.  No.  YES!  I had the perfect playlist for this occasion.  The sexy sounds of my KPop 'Body Rolls' mix started to play in the background. 

Alright, time to get down to business.  I sat down on the floor in front of the crate.  I took another swig and started to unscrew the top.  It's times like this I wish I had power tools.  It was going to take a while. 

Now that the screws were all finally out I began my next task of trying to remove the staples.  It wouldn't be long now. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had to repeat my playlist, but I finally got all of the staples out. 

It was the moment of truth.  I closed my eyes, grabbed the sides, and slid the top off.  I took in a deep breath.  I had built this moment up so much in my mind I was nervous.  That's completely ridiculous since he isn't real, but I couldn't help it.  It was a big deal for me.  I took a breath and steadied myself. 

Ok.  On the count of three I would open my eyes. 

One...

Two...

Three...

I slowly opened my eyes, savoring the feeling.  After my eyes adjusted to the light, I saw him. 

Dear God...its beautiful.  I looked him up and down.  I couldn't take my eyes off him.  It was a good thing he wasn't turned on or I would have been completely embarrassed.  My eyes wandered again and might have stayed a little too long on his groin area.  He did appear to be packing.  I did appreciate that, but honestly that wasn't the main reason I'd purchased a LoveDoll, despite the name.  They had a few functions meant to simulate the boyfriend experience, and that was the most attractive part. 

I ran my fingers through his hair and lightly touched his cheek.  Damn, they thought of every detail.  His hair felt like it had been freshly washed and conditioned and his cheek was soft and smooth.  He was truly stunning.  I was pretty proud of the decisions I made when building him.  He came out perfectly. 

He needed a name.  I sat there going through names.  Mark?  No, he doesn't look like a Mark.  Alex?   Too androgynous.  James?  Ugh...no.  Every James I'd ever been involved with was a jerk.  Well crap.  I guess I could come up with a name later.  Getting him out of the crate and activated was more important right now. 

I looped my hands behind his neck and started to pull upward.  He didn't budge.  I slid my hand underneath his hips and tried again.  He moved about an inch, then promptly fell back into place.  Cool.  This was going to be a pain in the ass. 

I tried to dump over the box.  I tried to drag him out by his feet.  I tried to pull him out by tying some twine around him and pulling.  Nothing was working.  I had no choice but to ask JK for help...again. 

I turned my stereo off and put the cookie bag in the cupboard.  I grabbed my keys and walked the few steps to JK's door. 

I knocked three times and waited.  It took a little longer than usual, but JK opened the door. 

"Hi!  You're done with work already?"

"Hey JK!  Um...yeah, I finished early.  I also decided to unbox my LoveDoll, but I can't seem to lift him out of his crate.  Would you be able to help me?"

"Of course!  I am excited to see what it looks like.  I've never seen a Love Doll before."

"He is a sight to see, that's for sure."

"Great.  Let me turn turn the TV off and I'll be right over."

"Thanks for always being so willing to help me lately.  I swear I'm not usually this needy."

"That's ok.  You remind me of one of the Real Housewives of Orange County.  They are needy."

"Excuse me?"

"I am sorry.  I didn't mean to offend you.  I have been watching a lot of TV lately.  It helps me understand."

"Uh huh. I see.  I'll head back over to my apartment now.  The door will be unlocked.  Just let yourself in when you're ready."