Part 73 - A Mutual Deal

Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity

-Terri Guillemets

*******

"She is Jungkook's mother", Jin Oppa mouthed and I stood dumbfounded. Jungkook's mother? I immediately bowed to her in respect and she smiled softly. She looks comely and young. Jungkook must have acquired her traits.

"My daughter-in-law is so pretty and nice", she exclaimed and I smiled. I looked at Jin Oppa in confusion and he nodded, gesturing me to wait a bit. Didn't Jungkook say she left him? Didn't he say she abandoned him? 

"Ara, make Komo comfortable. We will get something to drink for all of us", Jin Oppa spoke and Ara smiled, taking a seat beside Jungkook's mother. Can I call her eomoni? 

"Hana", Jin Oppa called and I walked behind him. Since Ara talked about someone waiting for me, she must have already introduced herself to Jungkook's mother. I know it will be awkward to talk to her without knowing anything.

"I know you must be so perplexed at her sudden appearance. So are we", he spoke and I sat on the kitchen counter, my reserved place. He took out the carton of milk from the refrigerator and started picking some fruit essences. 

"She just got to know about Jungkook's accident day before yesterday. She went to Appa and he showed a cold face to her. And then he revealed about Jungkook's accident. I know it's sudden but she is feeling guilty too", he muttered as he switched on the blender.

"I just don't know what to say. I don't hold any kind of feelings towards her but I know Jungkook doesn't want to see her at any cost. He may not hate her but he is mad at her", I expressed my concern about Jungkook and he nodded.

"He knows", he blurted and my eyes widened. Does Jungkook know about her presence?

"Appa called me in the morning and informed me about Komo's arrival. Jungkook heard the conversation and he left for the office early. Did you think he left because of that teeny tiny fight you had?", he chuckled at his own words and I realized why he went away without informing me.

"I don't have any reason to be mad at her and she is feeling remorseful about her decision years back. Yoongi's mother also went to States to see him and gladly, Yoongi picked her up from the airport. I guess he forgave her", he revealed and I nodded. Yoongi is not the one to keep such strong emotions for long.

"Komo was just devastated with Samchon's sudden death and she made the decision in haste. She is regretting it now and I didn't talk much about that topic. I don't want to make her uncomfortable. By the way, she wants to talk to you", he spoke and I felt nervous. What does Jungkook's mother want to talk to me?

"Can I call her Eomoni?", I asked him and he chortled, ruffling my hair. He moved to the other side and started pouring the milkshake into glasses.