Part 27 - Just One Day

The best thing to hold onto in life is each other

-Audrey Hepburn

*******

"Ara"

"Eomma?", Ara and Jin immediately jumped from their positions and composed themselves. Ara immediately buttoned her shirt and looked extremely embarrassed. They were at loss of words at the sudden appearance of Ara's mother.

"Ara, who is this guy?", she walked in with a suspicious gaze on Jin who was shaking inside. Neither of them expected this to happen.

"Eomma, well, ummm...he is my friend", Ara lied looking at Jin who gave a weird stare at her.

"So, why is your friend over here at this hour", she raised her brows advancing her steps.

"Miss Choi, I am Jin, Ara's boyfriend", he held her hands and spoke out. Ara's eyes bulged out of her sockets. Ignoring her wiggles, he held her hand tightly and stood confidently.

"Omo, omo, When did my Ara get such a handsome boyfriend?", The elder lady squealed and the tension in the air disappeared..

"Why did you lie to your mother? Huh?", she pulled Ara's ears who was wincing in pain.

"Eomma, it's hurting", Ara was finally released by her mom.

Soon, they settled themselves in the living room. Ara was giving all the weird stares to her boyfriend as well as her mother.

"Eomma! Why did you come now?", Ara asked still confused at her mother's sudden appearance at her house.

"Oh my God! Can't I visit my daughter whenever I want? You don't want me to come to see you?", she teased and pretended to be hurt.

"Eomma, stop overacting. Why didn't you tell me in advance that you are coming?", Ara asked annoyed at her mother's acts.

"Why? Did I disturb you two?", Ara's mom teased only to receive a glare from her daughter.

"Eomma, will you stop it now?", Ara snapped at her mother who let out a chuckle.

"Ara. Don't talk like that to your mother. She just came to visit you", Jin spoke making the elderly woman flattered at his behaviour.

"See, this guy has some manners unlike you", she slapped her daughter lightly on her arm who was scowling at her mother's words.

"Ara, will you make some tea for me? I feel so tired", Ara's mother made her daughter involuntarily go to the kitchen. Ara was worried leaving her crazy mom with her boyfriend alone.

"Jin right?", she asked and the younger one nodded.

"You look so handsome", she chuckled and he felt it awkward.