Part 25 - The Real Her

Confidence is the ability to feel beautiful without someone needing to tell you

-Mandy Hale

*******

Jungkook's Pov

I started having feelings for you Hana.

And I realised it now but I am not sure of their kind. I know I will soon realise what they are. I will just keep going with the flow and I don't want to get bothered now.

"Shall we go?", she stood up and I nodded. I could see her being nervous at the previous moment.

We walked around the campus for a while and I took her to the garden area. I love it when she admires the roses with a smile adorning her face. She goes completely lost when she sees them.

"They are so soft", she exclaimed tracing her fingers on the petals of the flower. I nodded and she smiled. She is so overwhelmed today and I don't know the reason. Perhaps, is it that she could be herself in front of me as she knew there is no secret between us anymore?

We settled down on a bench available.

"Am I nice like this?", she asked all of a sudden and it made me confused. What is she talking about?

"Huh?", I asked her and she placed her hand on mine.

"If I show out my emotions, If I tell you what I feel, do you like it?", she asked me and I looked at her. Her eyes wanted an answer.

"So, are you hiding them all till now?", I asked her and she nodded still looking into my eyes. She looked so innocent. How hard must it have been for her to hide it all for herself? She was fighting against her emotions till now. And today, seeing an absolutely different version of her made me so happy and excited.

"You looked so great today Hana. It made me surprised to see a completely different version of you but I really liked this Hana. The one who squeals when she is excited, the one who smiles when she feels like, the one who doesn't hide her emotions behind an artificial smile, I want this Hana", I expressed and she grinned wide.

"Thank You Jungkook", holding my hand, she rested her hand on my shoulder. Anyone would have mistaken us for a couple.

"I am glad that I had met you Jungkook", she spoke and I smiled. I remember her scowling and scoffing at me cursing god know how many times when we met in the first few days. She always prayed that she shouldn't have met me in the first place. And I used to love teasing her and irritating her in every way possible.

And now look at us, we are at a stage where we realised that we are glad and lucky to meet each other. I never expected this progress between us. Yoongi hyung was right, we must stop a step or take a step down to make people happy. Had I not let my ego and attitude down, I don't know if we would be like this.