Part 16 - Bunny 🐰

Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born

– Anais Nin

*******

"Can we be friends?"

Hana's Pov

He was looking a bit nervous while asking it. Internally chucking to myself, I thought of playing for a while. Till now, we never talked like friends, just forget about the last few minutes. We talked to each other as if we were best friends since long. I felt a bit awkward after releasing from the hug though. I forgot he was still waiting for an answer.

"Friends?", I acted as if I am still thoughtful about it.

"Hey! It's okay if you don't want to", Oh man!, he is already jumping to conclusions.

"It isn't like that. I just need some time", I continued my act

"How much?", I could feel that he was eager to know.

"Maybe until the fest ends" I spoke in a very low tone and his eyes beamed with joy.

"Okay then", he replied smiling. Did he get that I will eventually agree to be his friend? Or is his over confidence flowing through that blood again?

"Hey come along", he dragged me and I shouted "Where?"I didn't get a response though. And he finally stopped. We are again in the middle of all students. The previous place was better. I looked up to see what was the reason and was about to ask, there it is, the claw machine. I have never played it in the recent years. Though I go to the arcade along with the girls but I never played. I don't like to play it. Seeing kids play along with their happy parents, it only made me depressed.

"Hana, try it", he asked me.

"It's okay. You try it", I don't want to sound rude.

"Please Hana", he pouted but I didn't feel like doing it anyway.

"Jungkook, please. I don't like playing that one. It's too childish to play such games", I bemoaned and he gave up.

"It's okay then. I will try it. I never lost this game you know", he smiled proudly.

He started picking up a toy and directed it towards the prize pit. Oh come on, fall into the pit. The plushie is so cute. Ahh and he lost it. Why does he have to lose it in the last step? Another chance, he tried again, yes he caught it. Fingers crossed, it was going towards the prize pit. Yes, yes, come on keep going like that, last step, yeah it is falling and shit. What the hell? I slapped his arm and he looked at me confused.

"You said these were childish?", he frowned at her and she just looked away.

"So one last time", he declared and concentrated on the joy stick operating the claw. Oh come on at least this time. I smiled looking at a bunny and he stared at me. I looked away not being obvious that I am enjoying the game. He then picked the bunny I wanted. Now I can't stop myself from wishing to get that, an infinite time. I just closed my eyes and I could hear Jungkook squealing.