Part 43 - Agony

Those who really love you don't mean to hurt you and if they do, you can't see it in their eyes but it hurts them too. 

-Holly Black

*******

"I want you to be my personal assistant"

Hana stood there dumbfounded hearing his words. She looked at her father and he gave a neutral expression.

"But I don't have any experience in that field", she stated with a tiny hope of escaping it.

"I was also telling the same", Hana's dad looked at Jungkook who just kept smiling.

"Experience is not something which comes with a certificate Miss. And I never consider that in recruiting my employees.", Jungkook mouthed not giving a chance for them to argue about that.

"But why me?", she asked as she knew he would have many employees and it is weird to not have a personal assistant. She also knew why he was doing that.

"I wanted a personal assistant in short notice since my previous one quit her job all of a sudden. That's the reason I chose since I heard that you are not employed presently. And your skillset is fine for the job", he explained making both of their mouths shut.

"I have gone through your profile Miss Do. It was enough for the job. And it's not very tough. You just need to help me with the data and the files. And run a few errands for me", he spoke and before she could speak anything, Mr Do intervened.

"That's okay Mr Jeon. She will do it anyway. But I don't think she could do it for more than 3 months", Mr Do explained and Jungkook looked confused.

"Why?", he asked and Hana lowered her head as she knows the reason.

"She's getting married Mr Jeon and might shift somewhere else.", Mr Do revealed and Jungkook clenched his fists, which was clearly observed by Hana. Plastering the smile on his face, he continued the speaking.

"That's okay Mr Do. I will arrange someone later. And Miss Do, hearty congratulations on your marriage", he looked at Hana and mouthed those words which were like sharp knives to her heart. Suppressing the despair inside her, she forced out a smiled and thanked him.

"So, when are we shifting to Seoul?", Jungkook asked making Hana shocked.

"Day after Tomorrow Mr Jeon. I have already taken care of the arrangements.", Hana's father spoke and then looked at Hana who clearly showed an expression of bewilderment.

"Seoul?", she asked and they both nodded.

"The project is in Seoul and we might have to shift to Seoul back again. I thought of telling you guys later about it", Mr Do spoke and Hana nodded understanding. She didn't forget to notice the way Jungkook was staring at her with an indecipherable expression.