Chapter Forty-one

Chapter Forty-one

-

"Are you ready?" Liz asked as she pulled into the school car park. One which used to be so familiar to Luke.

"Yeah," Luke nodded with a smile on his face. He wanted to get back to school and finish off his education. He was also happy because he and Ashton had a fun weekend together. A very loving one.

"The teachers know why you've been away and have been advised to look out for any nasty comments which are directed to you," Liz told her son looking over at him.

"Okay," Luke nodded eagerly to get going. He wasn't going to let anyone get in his way. He was recovered now and didn't think he'd fall back down those routes.

"Please promise me Luke if someone is mean to you, you tell someone. Especially if it's about your body or weight. Okay?"

"Okay mum, I promise," he agreed yet doubt he would. Luke wasn't one to snitch on people.

"I love you, Lukey," she smiled sadly before pulling the boy into a huge hug.

"I love you mum," the boy said a little embarrassed as people might see him hugging his mother.

"Have a good day. And make sure you eat your lunch!" she yelled out to him as he got out the car.

"I will," he called back heading over to the main building. Clutching his old school bag tight and getting used to the feeling of his old school uniform which was a little baggy still.

-

"Is it true?" a girl asked as she turned back to look at Luke. Luke knew who she was, but not once had she ever acknowledged him until now.

"What?" the blonde muttered looking up surprised she was talking to him.

"That you're anorexic?" she asked. More people were looking at him now and we're engaged in the conversation. Listening in.

"No," Luke lied not wanting them to think he was even weirder than he already was.

"Really?" another girl asked not seeming convinced. "Because you used to be huge and you quickly dropped so much weight. Too much weight."

"So it's true," the other girl confirmed.

"Yes," Luke admitted shyly.

Both girls looked at each other and smiled. Luke noticed a group of boys in the corner who he knew were popular glaring at him.

"Are you okay now?" the first girl asked.

Luke nodded proudly. He felt rather silly though.

"That's really good," the second one smiled. "You look really good. You're really handsome," she complimented him. Her hand brushing over his.

Luke cringed and pulled his hand back. "I have a boyfriend," he told them worried Ashton would get jealous.

"A boyfriend?" the girl asked and Luke mentally face palmed. He knew he was screwed now with people knowing he was gay.