Chapter 51

You can feel him. The force is pulling you towards him.

He's here. It tells you.

But, that can't be true. Kylo can't be here on Exegol.  

You can't believe it. Not till you see him. There's no way he can be here.

It's like the force knows you're skeptical because you then hear two guards talking right outside your cell.  

"Have they caught him yet?" One asks a tone of panic laces his words. 

"Not yet. Ren is smart but he can't outrun us forever. The Emperor will see to it that he's caught and killed for his crimes against the Order." The other one replies in a more confident tone.

Killed. That's the word that strikes you like a knife. He'll be caught and killed. Oh Stars. This can't be happening. 

You inch closer to the bars of your cell, hoping to hear more of what's being said.

"Do they know where he is now?" The first one asks.

"Not at this moment, no. He lost the initial trail that was put on him but the Emperor has his best guards trying to find him. He won't be lost for long." Guard two answers.

You try not to panic. If Kylo has been able to outrun them so far, then all hope is not lost yet.

"Where is he trying to go?" Guard One keeps pushing for answers and you're grateful because you want the same answers that he does. 

"Not sure. We think he's trying to find her, but he's outnumbered if he tries to come here." Guard Two answers, and you know the 'her' he's referring to is you.

He's coming for you and he might die trying to do it. What a stupidly brave man. 

"I don't understand, why would he ruin everything for her. He's Supreme Leader. He has everything." There's an edge of jealousy in Guard One's tone.  

"I bet the Emperor is asking himself the same question." Guard Two responds, sighing in annoyance. You can sense that he's tired of his partner's questions and Guard One might sense it too because he stops questioning his partner. 

The interaction between the guards makes you laugh. It's so amusing that something in your brain refuses to let you stop laughing. Maybe it's the exhaustion kicking in or the fact that it's finally hit that you and the man you love might die today but it's just so hilarious to you.

"Fucking Hell." Guard Two says and you hear two sets of footsteps inching towards your cell.

That doesn't stop you from laughing though. In fact, it makes you laugh even more. What are these two measly guards going to do to you? They should both know by now you could easily overpower them.

"Stop that." Guard One says, his tone is harsher than before but still holds some hesitation, like he's not sure he should be the one giving orders.   

You don't stop. You look directly at him and even the thought of him trying to order you around keeps your laughing going. 

"Hey! Shut up Bitch." Guard Two yells, and he grabs his tazer stick from his holster and pushes it through the bars as he tries to taze you. 

But you're faster and grab it, holding it before he can reach you. The tazer sizzles as you hold it steady just beside your head. 

You stop laughing. All humor is gone. These men will die, you'll be sure of that. 

"Or what." You deadpan, knowing these men couldn't even put up a good fight even if they tried.  You may be bound with a cuff that reduces your power to use the force but you're still skilled at hand-to-hand combat and you've got unbeatable instincts that have never failed you.