Chapter 12

It's been two days since that night in Kylo's quarters. You decided not to confront him about your realization. You haven't had the chance to talk to Kylo since that night and you've honestly been avoiding him.

Forest walks into your room to wake you up but he notices you're already up and dressed for the day.

"Good morning Commander" he greets you with a smile.

"Hey Forest! What's my schedule for today?" You asked him. This had become a routine for you. Forest comes in usually wakes you then goes over your schedule. It was nice to finally have a constant routine going.

On Exegol, Palpatine would wake you and Leo up at random times then make you each do different training each day. He used to say it was for your benefit because "the real galaxy" life wasn't in a routine.

Your train of thought was derailed by Forest going over your schedule.

"The time is currently 7am. Today you have a training session with Ren at 8am then the final meeting with Hux, Phasma and Ren about your mission to Jakku at 1pm and the rest of the day is free for you to decide." He explained to you.

"Thank you Forest." You said as he left the room.

Even though, it's 7am you thought it would be more productive if you went to the training room early.

You quickly got dressed and left to go to the training room. As usual, the walk wasn't too long and once you got there you were let inside by the stormtroopers.

The first thing you noticed was that the mats were set up. He must have come in here last night or earlier this morning and set up for today's training. You figured he must have planned to do either some more hand to hand combat or you'd finally get to battle him with a lightsaber.

You figured there wasn't much you could do in the main training room so you went down the hall to where you'd lift weights and use the treadmill.

This room was about the same size as the main training area but had none of the battle training tools as the other room. Instead it was for body building. This room included treadmills, dumbbells, and other exercise equipment.

For the next 45 minutes you lifted weights, ran on the treadmill and focused on pushups, sit-ups, crunches, and pull ups.

Eventually, you figured it was time to head into the main training room to wait for Kylo.

When you stepped into the room he was waiting for you. He was standing on the mat with his hands clasped behind his back.

"Hello" he greeted you

"Hey" you muttered, a little nervous for what he might have planned.

"Today we will be focusing on Lightsaber combat." As he said this you joined him on the mat.

You grabbed your lightsaber from its holster and positioned yourself into a fighting stance.

"We aren't using real lightsabers today" he said to you.

"Why?" You asked, a little confused, you'd been used to using your real saber when training because the Emperor didn't care if you got hurt or not. His motto was "if you were weak enough to die or get hurt, you don't deserve to be trained"

"I don't want you to get hurt" he explained to you

"What about me hurting you" you mumbled, not wanting him to hear but he did anyway