Chapter 43

"Its time to go." Kylo calls to you from the elevator doors. He's all packed and ready as you rush to pack any last second items.

"Coming!" You call from the bathroom as you gather your makeup bag, full of makeup you never use. 

You meet Kylo at the elevator doors and he grabs your bag for you as you step inside.

The King and Queen meet you at the lobby of the castle. The Queen hugs you with tears in her eyes.

"Please visit soon." She says holding you tightly, the King and Kylo exchange a hand shake then the King and Queen see you both off.

You and Kylo silently enter the ship and prepare for takeoff. You frown as you watch the city of Naboo slowly get smaller as the ship takes off. You don't want to leave but you know you have to get back to the First Order. 

"What's wrong?" Kylo asks, he's looking at you and you know he's concerned.

"I'm fine. I just don't want to go back." You say, regretting waking up this morning.

"I know. Me too darling." He says and it feels like he might be trying to make you feel better but you figure he's just worried you might slip into another depressive episode. 

The rest of the trip back was spent in peaceful silence, in which you enjoyed the view of the stars and Kylo silently worried about how you would be when you get back to base. 

"You really need to stop worrying about me." You look over at him and he meets your gaze. "You're going to get wrinkles." You smile at the joke, hoping it will make him feel better.

"I'm already an old man compared to you so it wouldn't make much of a difference." He retorted, trying to be in a better mood to stop himself from worrying. 

You laughed at his joke and you automatically felt lighter. This trip to Naboo had made you feel so much better and you were already back to normal and you were actually feeling better then when you had first got to Starkiller. 

You felt the ship jolt and you knew you were back on base. The doors opened and the hatch lowered to the ground. You got flashbacks to the first day you arrived here, it felt like so long ago and yet it hasn't actually been that long. 

Kylo walks out first and you follow close behind him, not trying to look too disappointed to be back.

You spot Hux waiting at the end of the ramp. He has a smug smile on his face that makes you want to slap him.

"Hux." You say with distaste lacing your voice.

"Commander. I hope your mission went well." He says smirking and you won't give in to his stupid shannigeians. 

"Yes General. It went well. Thank you." You say and he's about to say something but you shove him aside with your shoulder, walking away from him. 

You walk down the halls trying to avoid eye contact with workers and you hear your name being called from behind you. 

You turn and see Leo walking towards you with a wide smile on his face.

"I didn't know you'd be back today." He says surprised by your arrival but he sounds happy to see you.

"Yeah. I'm sorry I didn't contact you, it was just so nice to get away..." You trail off not wanting to talk about your depressive episode. 

"I know. I totally get it. I'm just glad to see you. Do you want to get drinks tonight?" He asks you hopeful. 

"Sure. I just need to get all my stuff back in my quarters. I'll send you a message on my data pad." You say, wanting to go settle back into your room.