Chapter 36

You fidget in your spot on the ship. You stand in your place with you hands clasped behind your back as you rock on your heels back and forth.

Leo is beside you, silently watching as your nerves slowly build up. Behind your back you twiddle your thumbs and try to clear your mind of all the worry.

Kylo is piloting the ship so he doesn't have any time to comfort you and you don't want Leo's sympathy.

"Can you please tell me whats wrong? It's killing me to see you like this." Leo whispers so that only you can hear.

You shake your head, dismissing him. Although, you wanted to tell him everything you physically couldn't, you knew it would be too hard for you to talk about what happened to you.

You try and remember Canto Bright without Ushar but your mind leads you to that night.

The darkness.

The shadow in the corner of your room.

His weight pinning you down.

His deep voice as he calls you "plaything"

Your complete terror.

Then the ship jolts forward, breaking you away from your mind. You've finally arrived on Canto Bright.

The doors fall open and Leo and Kylo step down the ramp, you follow quickly behind them.

At the bottom Kylo instructs something to both you and Leo but your mind is too distracted to understand.

Leo continues on and Kylo stays back, you instinctively go to follow Leo but a large hand grabs your arm, stopping you.

"Are you okay?" Kylo's tough voice asks you.

"I'm fine." You lie sharply and move out of his grasp.

He doesn't question you further and you all walk in complete silence to Patrick's Cantina.

When you walk up to it the first thing you realize is that it's completely silent. There's not a person on the street or in any of the buildings. It's much different then when you were here.

The place is completely empty

The place is completely empty. There is not a single sound other then the sound of your breath and your steps.

"The whole town is deserted." Leo says from behind you. He had just come back from doing a sweep of the town.

"They must've known we were coming." You say mostly to yourself.

"Patrick and Valentine have people helping the resistance here, they probably got word we had them and they ran." Leo was explaining.

"Over Here!" Kylo called from behind the bar, he must have found the bunker.

You walk over to where Kylo is standing and sure enough you see a grey door on the floor. Kylo pulls the carpet away to reveal the full door and you bend down to open it up. It's heavy but you get it to open and Kylo helps pull it down.