Chapter 42

"Rise and shine darling." Kylo's deep voice wakes you and you open your eyes, the sunlight from the window shining down on your face. .

He's propped up on an elbow, staring at you. He has this look in your eyes that you can't quite understand. You stare into his eyes and he smiles.

"What?" You ask with a smile on your face.

"Nothing. The queen wants you to meet her at the front of the palace at 2 again." He says getting up off the bed and you notice he's fully dressed.

"What time is it?" You ask sitting up in bed, hoping it wasn't too late in the morning.

"1:30pm" He reads off the bedside alarm clock and the words make you spring up out of bed.

You shove him out of the way and rush to your dresser, picking out a random dress. He steps back and out of your way as he leans against the wall with his arms crossed. He watches in amusement as you scramble to get ready.

You put your dress on in a hurry and slip on your heels then you run into the bathroom to quickly fix your hair and makeup, it takes you longer then you expected and when you check your datapad it reads '2:05'

"Shit." You mumble as you check the time and quickly throw your datapad back on the bed. You brush past Kylo on your way into the elevator and get in as quickly as possible.

You hop in the elevator and impatiently wait for the doors to close, and when they do eventually close you wait for what seems like forever to get to the main level floor.

When the elevator door opens and a ding tells you that you've arrived you see the Queen waiting for you.

"My apologizes. I'm so sorry I'm late." You say as you walk up to her.

"It's all right dear, I just wanted to spend the day with you again since my husband is dealing with business all day and you're leaving soon."

"Are we just going around town again?" You ask her.

"Yes, I'd like you to meet some of the civilians in town."

"Alright, lead the way then." You say already wanting your time with her to be over.

You spent the rest of the day interacting with civilians and viewing the rest of the main village. The sights were gorgeous but the chattiness of the Queen made it less enjoyable.

When you get back to the palace there is that same little girl that lead you down to the dining hall earlier that week, waiting for you.

"Miss. I have a message for you from Mr. Ren." She says with her hands behind her back, as she rocks back and forth on her heels.

"What is it?" You ask wondering what Kylo could possibly need.

She pulls out a notebook and starts to read off instructions.

"Mr. Ren has said that there is a box waiting for you in your room and to follow the instructions on the card he has provided."

"Alright. You can go now." You dismiss the girl and head for the elevator.

When you get to your room you see a black box sitting on the edge of your bead. You approach it cautiously but once you get close to it you have built up enough courage to open it.

Inside is a white robe and a notecard. The notecard says the following:

I've booked you an appointment with the spa. We leave tomorrow so I want you to get the most of what's available here.

-K

You take off your clothing, leaving only your undergarments and put on the white robe. When you walk down there is a middle-aged woman waiting for you.