Chapter 49

This is it. You have to say goodbye to everyone and everything you've known for the past months and it hurts. This place has become a new home for you, one that has grown you into a person that now doesn't feel the need to be so tough all the time. You've truly change since arriving at Star Killer Base. 

You've found your potential and have been able to expand your powers to something you never thought possible. You've grown to be something other than the Emperor's apprentice. You've learned to love. 

Forest summons you to the hanger around 08:00am to board your flight back to Exegol and resume your training with Emperor Palpatine. You're truly dreading going back. Who even knows what plans the Emperor has for you? None of them can be good. 

You meet Leo at the hanger and its just the two of you, along with all the flight crew that's preparing the ship for you. The engineers run around checking everything while the pilots stop by to check the flight plans.

"How are you?" Leo breaks the awkward silence that consumes the air between the two of you.

"I'm not sure." You answer because feelings aren't really your thing, especially with Leo. When it came to Leo you two were both just training together even if he tried to be friends once in a while. 

"It's okay to be vulnerable, you know that right?" He teases you but you know there's some truth to it. 

"Yes, I'm well aware of that but I'm not sure what you really want me to say here." You respond to him, half teasing him back.

"I don't know, maybe you should break down into tears and beg for your boyfriend to come save you." He winks and puts his arm lightly around your shoulders.

You roll your eyes but don't move away from his touch because it's nice that even if things are going to shit that you still have Leo by your side. 

You hear the doors open to the hanger and see a group of people come in, including Kylo. 

He looks like shit but it's great to see him. You've been so busy trying to pack everything up that you didn't have time to give him a private goodbye so it's nice that you'll be able to at least say goodbye to him before you have to board the ship.

You wordless look to each other and suddenly its as if the entire hanger has disappeared. Now it's just the two of you. 

Vaguely in the background you hear Leo say his goodbyes to different officers, he wishes them well and says he hopes to be back soon but no one is paying any attention to you or Kylo.

Kylo makes a move towards you and you can see in his eyes that he's not sure what do say. Words can't express how either of you feel right now. 

In one swift move, almost so fast you barely have time to react, Kylo pulls you towards him and embraces you. He just holds you for a moment and his hug tells you everything you know he's too scared to say. 

He pulls away for just a quick moment and then his lips are on yours, ravishing your taste like it'll be the last time but behind the desperation there's a slight promise one that you know will mean he won't stop until you meet again.

When he pulls his lips from yours he leans down and whispers gently in your ear, almost so softly you barely even comprehend the words before he pulls away entirely and walks away.

"I will come find you and take what is rightfully mine." It's a promise, one that you know he won't stop until he fulfills it and apart of you is scared for him because if he tries to take you, the Emperor won't take it lightly. This will end badly for him.