Chapter 21

The argument with Kylo has been forgotten and now your mind races with worries about this next mission to Canto Bright. You keep trying to reassure yourself that you're ready but Kylo's words still echo in the back of your mind and fill you with doubt.

You're currently sitting in on a meeting with Hux, Kylo and Phasma. Hux as usual, is rambling on about the plans for the mission. Kylo interjects a couple times but you and Phasma for the most part stay silent.

You are sitting next to Kylo in the conference room and as you start to doze off you feel this hand move to your inner thigh. He gradually strokes up and down your upper thigh. Then he eventually rests his hand on yours. You glance around the room hoping Hux and Phasma can't see this.

"Dismissed!" Hux calls out and you stand up as quick as you can, rushing to get back to work.

For most of the morning you are distracted, you still can't shake the feeling of doubt about next mission. Kylos words still echo in your mind, screaming at you.

"You're not ready"

"You failed last time how do I know you won't fail again?"

You try your best to push his words out of your mind and continue with your day but no matter how hard you try they never seem to go away.

You shake off your doubts and continue down the hallway to finish your morning rounds around the base.

-1:30pm-

Your morning rounds have finished and you are currently sitting at the private lunch table with Hux and Phasma.

You pick up your fork and start to eat todays lunch: sub sandwich with fruit for the side. Unlike, most of the workers on base you get a decent lunch. As you enjoy your lunch you are interrupted by a noise from your DataPad.

Message from Forest:
To Commander y/n:
Time 1:32pm
Commander, you are needed in conference room 3. Its the Emperor. Bring Hux and Kylo along as well.

"Shit" you say out loud as you read what Forest had said.

"What is it?" Hux asks you, sounding concerned.

"Conference room 3. It's the Emperor." You stand and wait for him to follow you. Hux doesn't move from his spot. "The Emperor wants to see you too dumbass!" You shout and he gets up, scurrying by your side.

"Where is Ren?" You ask Hux, you sound more annoyed then you intend to be.

"Training room." Hux quickly answered. You wanted to ask how Hux knew that but you decided against it.

"Then let's go to the training room."

The walk was short but rushed to the training room. The stormtroopers opened the doors when they saw you and you observed a sweaty Kylo Ren inside. He was taking his anger out on a punching bag. You noticed how his wavy hair got in the way as he swung more punches and how his muscles tensed up with each swing.

Stop staring and tell him to get his ass to the conference room.

As if you had said it out loud Kylo turned and looked towards the doorway.

"Can I help you two?" He said with a panting breath.

"Conference Room 3. It's the Emperor and he needs to see all three of us." Hux spoke up before you could say anything. "So get dressed and meet us there." With that Hux turned and headed towards the conference room and you soon followed.

You and Hux sat in the conference room in a uncomfortable silence. Both of you waiting for Kylo.

"Do you know what this is about?" Hux asks you.

You shrug and tell him you don't know. Hux sighs and slouches in his chair.

The doors opened and Kylo stepped inside the conference room. He looked rushed. His cloak was sloppily put on and his holster was crooked.

"Ready?" Hux asked impatiently and you and Kylo both nodded as Kylo went to sit down and Hux turned on the hologram.

Emperor Palpatine's body showed up on the hologram. He was sitting in his throne and Leo was standing beside him.

"Hello everyone." Palpatine greeted you, Hux and Kylo. "I've decided to change your plan to Canto Bright." You looked at Kylo confused but he had is helmet on so you couldn't tell was he was thinking. "I don't want Hux or Ren to go."

You were very confused and shocked at the sudden change in the Emperors plan. If the emperor said he doesn't what Ren or Hux to go does that mean you'll go by yourself?

"Emperor- I've never questioned your orders before but-" Hux started off saying but you used the force to stop him mid-sentence. You knew if he kept talking he would get himself killed. Hux gave you a glare but you shrugged him off.

"y/n is perfectly capable of handling Canto Bright without either of you and besides she won't be alone." The Emperor explained.

This made you more confused. If Kylo and Hux aren't going who else would go with you? Leo. He's the only other person capable of going and the Emperor has probably been thinking about letting him come to base for a while now.

"Thank you Sir, but who else would be going?" You finally spoke up but you already knew the answer to your question already.

"Leo" Palpatine spoke and you glanced at Leo's hologram. "Leo, will be flying into base tomorrow morning and you will leave the next day for Canto Bright."

"Yes sir." You responded.

"Emperor, I still think I should go." Kylo spoke up.

"Ren, you are not needed and would just get in the way. If you were to go they would recognize you as soon as you stepped onto the planet. y/n and Leo will be fine." The Emperor snapped at Kylo.

"Yes sir." Kylo spoke.

"As for you y/n, I will need a private meeting with you and Leo when he gets onto Base." Palpatine told you.

"Of course." You said

"Dismissed." As Palpatine spoke the words Hux reached over and ended the hologram.

You all stood up in synchronization and walk out of the room. You mind was racing and the only thing you could clearly know is that Leo is coming. You would be able to see him. You didn't know weather or not to be excited about it.

You rushed back to your room and quickly took a shower then you got ready for bed. You slipped under the covers and fell into a deep sleep.

-Y/N dream-

You and Leo are both in his room. Various items are scattered around the room: lamp, lightsaber, a few rocks and a couple of books. Leo is playfully using the force to move the items off the ground and into the air. He plays around will the items, moving them up and down, side to side around the room. You both are in a fit of giggles.

Everything goes black. Suddenly, you are watching as you sneak off out of your room past lights out. You meet Leo in the empty training room. He has a smirk on his face and his lightsaber is ignited. Instinctively you light yours.

"You'll never beat me." He taunts you as you both fight each other.

"Watch me." You say and you pin him to a nearby wall.

"Damn. You're getting better then me y/n." He finally admits to you.

You both break out into a laughter but are stopped by the Emperor. He'd caught you.

"LEO! Y/N!" He shouts.

"Shit." You mumble under your breath.

Your eyes fly open and your strangely flooded with joy. When you first came to StarKiller Base you hadn't thought twice about leaving Leo but now you were excited to see him again.

You smiled as you closed your eyes again. This time welcoming the warm memories of Leo. You fall into a sleep and dream of all the times you had with Leo. Suddenly, you couldn't wait to see him.