Chapter 16

As usual when you wake up Kylo is not next to you. It's disappointing that he doesn't stay but you understand he has more important duties then to stay the morning with you.

On schedule, Forest knocks on your door then steps inside your room. He gives you a slight smile then starts to read from his DataPad.

"Hello Commander, your only item on the agenda is a hologram meeting with Emperor Palpatine." Forest tells you.

You had no idea why he wanted to have a meeting with you. Maybe he wanted to talk about how great you were doing? Don't kid yourself. That's a load of bullshit and you know it. A million thoughts on what he wanted to say to you popped in your head.

What if he wants you to come back to Exegol. Or worse what if he thinks your not worth his time to have around anymore. There was the slight possibility he wouldn't want you to train nor work for the First Order anymore.

You decided to get in the shower to take your mind of this meeting. Your shower was relaxing but it hurt to walk with your wound and you had to be careful not to touch it when showering.

-TIME 9am-
You are laying on your bed as the clock strikes 9am and as if on que Nurse Rose scurries into your room. She's obviously nervous and doesn't want to be here. You decide it would be fun to get inside her head.

"Don't make eye contact" is the first thought you can make out.

You bite your lip to hold in a laugh. She begins her work, first removing your bandage and replacing it with a new one. When she finishes she steps back and begins to talk.

"I've re-bandaged your wound, from your progress I can clear you to walk around but no other physical activity other then walking." At least you can walk around the Base. You won't have to stay in bed all day.

"When can I begin training again?" You asked her. You really wanted to get back to training and back to Kylo.

"I would assume in a weeks time you should be able to start training. But I suggest starting with light training first."

"Thank you. Dismissed." She then briskly walked out of you room and shut the door.

-TIME 1pm-
You were woken from your nap by Forest. He awkwardly stands next to your bed and is holding his DataPad in his hands.

"I'm sorry to disturb you Commander, but your meeting with Emperor Palpatine is soon and I thought you wanted to get ready first." Forest had woken you up an hour before the meeting. You definitely had enough time.

He left the room and you slipped on a black tank top and black leggings. Part of your bandage was showing but you didn't mind it. You put on some mascara and blush and began your walk to the conference room.

You walked inside the conference room and Kylo is sitting next to Hux. You find your way to the table and sit across from them.

"The Emperor will call shortly." Hux informs you.

The awkward silence fills the room and your nerves rise with every second. Every second passing feels like an eternity and just when you think it'll never end a ping comes on from the hologram: Palpatine is calling.

Kylo reaches over and presses the answer button. As he does this Palpatine shows up on the hologram.

"Good evening." Palpatine says in his husky voice.

"Hello Emperor, it's nice to see you." Hux replies.

"What a kiss ass" you think to yourself.

"I'm checking on the progress of the First Order and my trainee." Palpatine is always one to get straight to the point. Hux shifts in his seat and clears his throat. He's nervous. But honestly who wouldn't be?