Chapter 17

A/N: I have no hero-related pics for this chapter so I might upload some Mobile Legends' comics or fanarts that I found, even in the future. Enjoy!

~ ~ ~

Now that an angel was having him in her arms, Alucard wasn't sure if he actually wants to wake up or not.

As a human himself, he admitted his weaknesses in believing what he wasn't supposed to believe. Humans' action are often driven by fear, lust and anger. They have uncountable emotions and feelings, and some were very complicated.

Being a demon hunter, one of their main rules is to always know how to control their emotions; because expression could describe one's personality more than words. Those who have no control over their emotions could easily get their feelings mixed over, and thus bringing them to a bad result. Alucard have seen this happen thousand of times already.

He's also on the list. And the proof is what happened just now.

He felt ashamed for almost failing his teammates. His parents are DEAD. He had repeated this so many times in his head he lost count, but why? Why does he always lose control of himself when he sees his parents again? Somehow, he questioned his ability on becoming a demon hunter.

Even Granger is better than him, he thought. He paid no mercy to anyone and in his eyes, Granger is one of those who have the best emotions control. The day they met each other, Alucard swore he would've been killed by Granger himself if he hadn't revealed his true identity at that time. He felt so weak and foolish remembering his greatest weakness.

But what if that weakness could turn into one of his strength? If he think like Granger, would he have been here like he is now?

"Alucard...Alucard, are you okay?" Miya breathed heavily, her heart drumming beneath her chest. Her delicate fingers brushed Alucard's left cheek, watching as his eyelids slowly opening. All in her mind now is Alucard, that she can't even feel the raising pain of her right arm. The skin on her wound area looks like they're decaying, but Miya didn't bother to care.

They have no clue of the current time, whether it's still day or night. No matter what time is it now, they have to get out as quickly as possible. Alucard could feel Miya's heavy breath on his other cheeks, and he sure finds it enjoyable. His eyes started to slowly opening, flowing hope inside of Miya.

While eyelids still flickering open, Alucard said with a weak and dry tone. "Miya, listen...I, have no much time longer..." Alucard suppressed his smile and tried his best to act out the scene, but for his surprise, Miya actually fell into it. "W-What do you mean? Alucard, are you okay?" Miya unconsciously get closer to him, making its harder for him to contain his smile.

"No, that thing, I think...it's too late..." Alucard even pretended to cough a few times, making his act more realistic. But Miya was serious, because Alucard knew Miya is a bad actress. "No, no, don't say that. I'll help you, I promise..." Tears almost fall down her cheeks. Deep down, Alucard felt guilty for making her cry, but he still want to succeed this act.

Alucard snuggled his head on Miya's shoulder, smiling weakly. The warmth that emit once their skin touches gave pleasure towards Alucard. "Listen, Miya. Take care of Harith for me," he coughed again, "and don't feed him any fish. He might looks like a cat but he hates fish the most...he said their eyes are creepy." With one last cough, Alucard closed his eyes and breathed more heavily and slowly, as if one inhale is hard enough.

Miya finally broke into tears, crystals falling from her glassy eyes. "Please don't do this. This is all my fault. I should've saved you earlier. If I did maybe you won't be like this. I'm really sorry..." Miya put her face on Alucard's collar, and Alucard really can't help but smiling. Once Miya raised her face back, his acting expression also went plastering back on his face.