Chapter 5

"Haha, you can't catch me!" Harith teased Nana while running away. Standing in front of a luxurious gate, Miya and her team were about to encounter a new world.

A few hours earlier, Miya's team reached a station where weird-looking cars came and go. Miya counted four rails (these rails are like roller coaster's rails, they don't stick to the ground like train's rails) that goes to different destination. The 'cars' looked more like a cable car, just when it started moving, it floated above and followed the rails. It's like a transportation system all except Alucard had never seen.

Thankfully, the situation there wasn't so crowded. There's a few creatures walking around the station, and none paid attention to Miya and her team's arrival. Miya can't help but ask. "Um, where are we?" Alucard just grinned. "Welcome to the floating cars' station! This transportation started from the City of Scholars and sprout out to all around Land of Dawn. You can go from here, outside the edge of Moniyan Plains; even to Cadia Riverlands. Basically, it's everyone daily transportation," Alucard explained, showing a bit excitement.

"Did you bring me to the Temple of Light using these?" asked Harith. Alucard nodded. "Yup. I still remember how many times I stopped young girls to touch your tail-" before Alucard could finished, an announcement echoed through the station. "A FLOATING CAR FROM RAIL ONE IN FIFTEEN MINUTES. PLEASE STAY AT LEAST ONE METER AWAY FROM RAIL ONE." And it repeated. Molina poked out from Nana's backpack, looking confused. Miya and Harith also hold the same expression, before Alucard explained again.

"That voice belongs to the announcer here. Their job is to give updates on upcoming floating cars and give warnings. In busy stations, there will be more than two announcers. If must, each rails will have one. But since this station rarely gets crowded, they only have one announcer." Miya nodded, and started to walk around. Alucard gave Nana and Harith a hand signal to follow Miya, while he followed them from behind.

Miya walked towards the first rail. Beside her, a tall nymph with glasses on was busy reading her book. Miya looked at her up and down, about to ask her why she looked so strange before Alucard swiftly stopped her. Soon, a floating car came and landed near them. The nymph simply let out a thin card and scanned it on a scanner glued to the car's door while eyes still on her book. The door lock turned from red to green, and opened for the nymph to step inside. Once the door closed, the car started to float again and move with an increasing speed.

As the nymph's floating car started to disappeared from view, Miya turned to Alucard with one eyebrow raised. "Why did you suddenly stop me? I just wanna ask her," Miya asked, and Alucard sighed. "Listen, sometimes it's best not to interfere with someone's business. And that means no asking them out of a sudden either," Alucard replied, making Miya more confused. "What's wrong with asking? Didn't sound like a big deal to me," Miya answered back.

Alucard rolled his eyes. "Maybe it's okay in your place, but in this place, it's not. It will be worse when we reach City of Scholars soon, so don't even think of trying," he advised. "Fine, fine. Let's just listen to you because you know everything," Miya mocked, and Alucard's eyes widen a bit while grinning. "Of course you should listen to me. What else someone should do when they're new to some places? I am guide, which means I am your leader too-"

Miya snapped her finger. "Oh no, I AM the leader. You are the one that's willing to join my team and I allowed you, which clearly means I'm your leader. The end." Miya stated, and Alucard just chuckled. "Okay, okay, LEADER. But let me be your guide, at least. You sure don't want the rest of your teammates to look down on you, right?" Alucard teased Miya playfully. Miya chuckled too. "Sure, just be a guide until everything's over." Miya answered, and both giggled.

"Miya! Miya! Look!" Nana came running towards Miya. Miya and Alucard immediately paid attention to Nana, who's pointing to an old lady in a small stall selling lots of food. Harith was already in front of the stall, eyeing all the food. "I'm hungry! Can we eat that?" Nana pleaded. Miya thought twice about it, well, she have never ever touch a single human food before. Who knows if it's poisonous? Or the very least, for inhuman creatures?