Chapter 37

Back in the Moniyan Empire, Princess Silvanna can be seen pacing around her room. She kept fidgeting her fingers in anxiety.

A knock could be heard on the door. Silvanna was startled at first, but then regained her composure and answered, "Yes, who's there?" A female voice answered from behind the door. "Your Highness, Granger and his squad have returned. They brought Alucard along with them," the voice told her, which made Silvanna widened her eyes in surprise.

She immediately went to the door and fling it open, surprising the young maid that delivered the announcement to her earlier. The maid's eyes tremble as she saw Silvanna's figure accompanied with her serious face looking down at her. "Y-Your Highness..." Before she can even properly address the princess, Silvanna quickly points a question to her.

"Where are they now?" Silvanna asked tensely. The maid gulped and gestured to her right. "They went straight to face Your Majesty in the throne room," she replied, and Silvanna spare no time to leave. Her anxiety had been growing massively these past few days.

Just less than a week ago, a messenger from the Abyss came to the castle in a shape of a devilish bat. The messenger brought upon them an unexpected news that shocked the entire royal family to their core. "Those demons! They've already started their attacks on the Northern Vale!" King Aurelius whom is also Silvanna's father, gripped the parchment brought by the messenger until it crumpled.

Tigreal was the first to be called to face him. "Captain, I fear that we need to morph a new plan for the war. And godspeed," King Aurelius said anxiously to Tigreal, forehead filled with beads of sweat. The Captain of the Imperial Knights was a bit confused by the King's sudden call on him along with order.

"Pardon me, Your Majesty, but may I ask for an elaboration?" He politely asked King Aurelius to explain more about his words. The King took a deep breath, not in anger, but in anxiety. "The Abyss sent a messenger here earlier, carrying a parchment. Inside the parchment was a news saying that the Northern Vale have been attacked," King Aurelius showed him a torn piece of paper he had been gripping to all this time.

Tigreal's eyes widened. "How did the force of Abyss managed to break into the Northern Vale? The Valkyries are there to ensure the protection of the land and our people," he said, slowly filled with anxiety as well. A few days ago, the Lumina City have moved its citizens to the Northern Vale since a war is coming to the Moniyan. The Valkyries that watch over the cold land have been the protector of their people everytime they ask for their aids, and never have their protection been breached before.

Before asking for more details, Tigreal wanted to ensure one thing with the King. "Your Majesty, have this news spread across the castle?" Tigreal's question brought a little spirit into the King's tired body. "I believe that no eyes other than mine have seen the messenger came. However, whether we want it or not, this news will still spread across this room sooner or later," King Aurelius said, sighing.

Tigreal understood that very well. His mind quickly made up a new plan for this sudden attack. "If the Valkyries seek for a hand, then I'll prepare a new brigade of battalion for them. We've already trained a regiment for the war, and no troops from there should be spared on this mission," Tigreal explained. As an experienced commander in war, Tigreal needs to make sure that no mistake is made during this preparation.

As if lost in thought, King Aurelius simply nodded. "Please do whatever you think is best, Captain. As long we have such a trustful commander in you by our side, we shall not fall," His Majesty smiled weakly at the Captain. Tigreal lowered his head while still kneeling. "I do not deserve such high praise, not when I have not done anything yet. An endless gratitude from me to His Majesty for entrusting this war on me," Tigreal respectfully answered the King.