Chapter 2

"You can't run from my arrow."

At the center of the Temple, Miya prayed. She prayed that the attacks would be over soon. Kneeling there with her bow beside her, she prayed with all her heart. As the hope of her kind is all in the hands of the Moon Gods.

A few days had passed since the Moon Elves make their stand in the Lunar Temple. Miya lead them to survive, guarding the Temple by night time to prevent any sudden ambush. Still, her kind live in worry and sadness.

Ever since that too, Miya had learned from an elder on how to use a bow. Elves are fond of magic and long-range weapons, but Miya isn't magical, so she had no choice but to learn the bow. Her practice took place on the other side of the Moonlit Forest, where the Humans and Orcs haven't yet to explore.

The attacks didn't stopped either. Each night, they would hear screams and explosion. The Moon Elves could only pray for their safety, hoping that the enemies wouldn't find their way in into the Temple.

But tonight, no more explosion would be heard.

Tonight, the Moon Elves will be free.

Tonight, they will claim their victory, as the Moon Gods answered all their prayers.

By the time Miya prayed to the Moon Gods, she was blessed by them. Herself, and her bow. She was gifted with an ancient yet indescribable power, the only chance for her kind to stand against their enemies. They've waited in agony, now they will gain victory.

When they opened the Temple's double door, Miya lead the tribe to a final war. The Humans and Orcs were prepared as well; all their arrows, swords, axes were in place. When they received the sign to attack, they attack. But the Moon Elves did not cowered this time. Because a hero had rised in their tribe. A hero that would marked the history of the Moon Elves forever.

Blow by blow, arrow by arrow, Miya used the blessing of the Moon Gods against their enemies. One by one their enemy fall, but not a single Moon Elves lost their lives. After a long night, the rest of their enemies begged for forgiveness, and retreated to the Forest. That night, the Moon Elves cheered loudly; for their freedom, and their true hero, Miya.

By the first light, the Moon Elves cleared their land. They organized a burial for those who lost in the fight, and prayed that their soul would be placed among their great ancestors. After a while, the Moon Elves regained their strength after the War, and started from the beginning to build their civilisation again. The elves had found their freedom and peace, and started a new life altogether.

But Miya wasn't concerned. She knew very well that this war is yet to end. Sooner or later, the Humans and Orcs will send an army to ambush them again. And when that time comes, none of them know the fate that they would received. So Miya, made a decision.

"I would seek every kingdom, every land, for a worthy king to our kind. I promise, to the Gods and to all of us, up and below, to restore the peace of the Moon Elves and carved it forever in this land." And there she goes all alone, up to her journey to find a king with her bow and arrows, to a land full with legends and myths...

The Land of Dawn.

~ ~ ~

"Everything will come to an end."

Someone patted Alucard hardly on the back, making him jolted. "What are you talking about?" A bearded, half-man and half-horse man was carrying a silver platter full with beers on his horse back came beside him.

"Gosh, Tregor! How many times did I tell you, I don't like surprises!" Alucard turned his anger towards Tregor the Centaur. Tregor raised his hands and calmed Alucard down. "Hey hey, chill! I'm just trying to break that tension," he answered while laughing. Alucard rolled his eyes, and went back to the newspaper he's reading.