Chapter 11

Riding on a floating car out of Eruditio, Miya and her team was on their way to catch the thief they're after. The moon is already on its way to the center of the night sky, signaling the almost end of the day. Still, Miya was wide awake, the thought of her precious bow on the hands of two monkeys made her restless.

And Alucard worried too.

"You know what Miya, Rantha Mountains is far away from here and there are so many obstacles along the way. There are no floating cars' rails at the Barren Lands, which means then we have to walk or take other transportation-" "I don't care. I will take my bow back, no matter if I have to crush his head for that," Miya cut him off, eyes focused on the scenery outside the car.

There's a weird silence inside the car. Since they were still around City of Scholars' area, there are still lots of floating cars around them, going in and out. Nana and Harith were fast asleep, although Nana seems like she's having a nightmare. "No, not Molina..." she mumbled to herself, before her head fell on Harith's shoulder, whom was also fast asleep. Her worries gone and both slept well again. The only conscious creatures inside the car were Miya and Alucard.

Alucard blinked his eyes a few times, surprised, and finally sighed. "I don't mean to stop you. It's just that, well...you know..." He tries to find a good word to tell her. Miya's forehead wrinkled, and she looked at Alucard. "What?" She asked. Alucard rubbed the back of his neck, looking away. "You know...you should, take a rest," he said finally, and slowly reverted his eyes back to Miya.

Miya's face clearly shows disbelief, and she shook her head with both arms folded. "No way I'm going to sleep now. Not until I get my bow back," Miya stood her ground, and Alucard can't possibly pushed her anymore. 'This is so tiring. We could've been on our way to the Enchanted Forest by now,' Alucard complained in his mind, resting his head on the windowsill.

'What's the deal with the thief anyway? Sudden interest in bows when he uses armguns? Weird,' he said once more in a mocking tone. After he let out another miserable sigh, their car was filled with silence again.

Alucard had been to every edge of the Land of Dawn; from the Moniyan to the Agelta Drylands, to the Northern Vale and across Cadia Riverlands back to the City of Scholars. He knew the people and creatures living in each kingdom; mostly their greatest flaws. But he's never willing to step foot in the Barren Lands; for he had went there once and let's just say, things were never good.

That's why he tried to talk Miya out so she could think of another way to get her bow. ANY other way than going to the Barren Lands. Even if it's just the Rantha Mountains, and not the Crack of the Abyss. Any place or anything in the Barren Lands are not to be approached. Especially anyone from there.

Miya was probably thinking that, maybe Alucard tried to stop her because he didn't trust her. But no, that's not the reason. Alucard may have known Miya for just a few days, but that's already enough moments to realize Miya's abilities, weaknesses and flaws. He didn't become a demon hunter for no reason, right?

He trusted her ever since the first time they met. He could see from her eyes that she had endure almost the same pain as him. He could already predicted most of her next moves and ideas, and he could feel that Miya is a kind soul that is infected with a strong smell of revenge. Alucard had undergo that lots of time already, and in the end of the day, no other than tears and regrets that came out.

He doesn't want such innocent person like Miya to endure that too.

"Hey Miya," he finally spoke in a tone of whisper. Miya, who was sitting silently beside him glanced halfway towards him. While head still resting on the windowsill, he continued, "Aren't you scared?" That question emit a strange feeling in Miya's deepest part of the heart. All of a sudden, her heart began to thump wildly but softly, only loud enough for her to experience.