Chapter 26

Miya woke up so early in the morning. She can't wait to wear the new outfit Evandile had sewn for her. After taking a bath, she went to her wardrobe where she put her new outfit in. Last night, she had carefully folded her old outfit and put it in a brown, duffel bag of hers. She also prepared her stack of arrows inside her old quiver.

By the time the sun illuminate the sky, Miya was fully prepared to go. She also packed some fruits inside the duffel bag in case she needs an extra energy during a hard time (an experience from being poisoned when you were starving at the same time). Before she turned the doorknob to walk outside her room, she glanced over it one more time. She wished she could return to this place again, without ever going to leave. But in order to do so, she needs to succeed this one last quest of hers.

The open windows in her room allow more than a sneaking light to brighten the small space. The same vibe emit from the room; similar to the one she felt when she was first awake from her unconsciousness. Then Alucard came barging in through her door with her breakfast, while proceeding to almost fool her by making up stories. The memories made Miya chuckled, and she sighed deeply.

"Good morning!" Suddenly a loud voice come banging on her ears. Miya whom was letting her guard down got shocked real bad. She swore she could stab anyone if she had a knife on her hand at the time. She did turn around real fast too; only to meet eyes with eyes with no other than the demon hunter. "Why? Are you surprised?" Alucard sneered at her. Miya heaved a breathe of relief.

Alucard was also wearing his brand new outfit. Miya also noticed that his demonic hand had a new design as well. Even so, compared to her, Alucard's outfit still resembles his old outfit heavily. She can tell that Evandile doesn't have the courage to fully morphed his outfit into an entirely new one like he did to hers. And Miya's not sure if her eyes are playing trick on her, but Alucard's hair seems to be more blonde tinted than before.

"You need to stop doing that when we're traveling. I might accidentally murder you," Miya glared at him; and despite not being the first time being glared at, Alucard still shuddered under her sharp eyes. He nods his head and simply scoffed, "Fine, fine. No need to tense up." Miya rolled her eyes annoyingly, but still managed to curve a small smile at the end of her lips. Alucard noticed; and soon he doesn't fear her anymore.

After Miya locked the door of the room, both of them took a descending steps down the spiral staircases. Once they reached the ground, a small figure greeted them. He held a beautiful, yet sorrowful smile. "I can't believe both of you are leaving already. Time really waits for no one behind," Rohan stifled a tear. Held tightly in his arms was a wrapped container full of various fruits.

"Here. I plucked it myself," he handed the container to Miya. Miya forced a sad smile upon him as she slowly received the gift. "Thank you, Rohan. We'll make sure to eat all of them," Miya softly stroked Rohan's hair, making him emotional than ever. Before he knew it, his hands were quick to hug Miya. Shocked by the sudden movement, Miya grasped the container stronger so it won't fall.

"Let me hold it," Alucard whispered to Miya, volunteering to hold the wrapped container for her. Miya nodded and handed it to Alucard smoothly, now focusing to the young elf sniffling on her outfit. "I-I really wished you could stay...the air...feels empty when you're far away...", Rohan sniffled harder, unable to contain his sadness. He never wanted this day to come again. He never even wanted to imagine it. But here they are, about to depart.

Miya's heart turned heavy as he saw Rohan crying. She didn't want to leave either; but finishing this quest needs to be prioritize. She believed that if she succeeded, she will stay with him in this place longer than if she didn't. Until that moment come, she's afraid that she will need to bid farewell to them despite how painful it might be. "Rohan, do you want me to tell you a secret?" Miya asked him softly.