Chapter 39

"Quick, jump over!"

"Wait, no - watch out for your head!"

"Well, I'm trying!"

The atmosphere is catastrophic. Evil spirits in the shape of dark, smoky orbs can be seen flying and smashing themselves around the small, altar room. They were not as strong as the squad had expected, but their existence alone is meant to be the most annoying.

They have been here for less than an hour, but they were already so occupied. Natalia, despite going invisible; could still be perceived by the orbs. Granger's violin done no deeds on the earless monsters, so he could only rely on his gun and gun alone. Alucard was busy fending off the orbs with his sword, but as he grew tired, his mouth also began taking the lead. "Harith, behind you!" Alucard shouted at the Leonin.

A while ago, they've executed their plan perfectly. After Rafaela showed them the way to the altar room, they immediately done their plan without wasting a single second. However, since the pathway is too narrow, Belerick cannot follow them inside. Fanny carefully held into Harith and with the help of others' protection, used her cable to fly over to the altar in the middle of the room. As she flew over, the worst case scenario happened. An evil orb smashed itself on Fanny's cable and both she and Harith almost fell into the water.

"Hold on!" Fanny shouted out loud, and quickly flash another cable in another direction. She took a turn to properly land Harith on top of the altar platform. Rafaela's staff shines the brightest out of everything in the gloomy room. Once Harith managed to land on the platform, he quickly went and grabbed the staff, but an orb catches into it and brought the staff away.

"Oh no, the staff!" Rafaela whom was busy fending herself off the evil orbs watched as bad things kept occurring in their plan. When one of the orbs took the staff and planned to bring it away, Rafaela quickly warned Silvanna. "Your Highness, my staff! That evil guardian took it away!" Seeing her panicked reaction, Silvanna looked towards the orb mentioned and saw the staff in its grasp.

She wasted no time to run towards the orb. Her action surprised the others. "Your Highness, where are you going-" before Rafaela could call on her, Silvanna's plan unravel itself in front of their eyes. Without thinking twice, Silvanna lift a little bit of her gown and leap towards the orb. She hang into the staff in the orb's grasp, floating in midair as the orb struggle to free itself from Silvanna.

Everyone was horrified. They want to yell "Are you insane?!" so bad, but remembering that she's a royal princess that they need to respect, they can only watch her in shock. "Let go, you disgraceful...creature...!" Silvanna muttered as she fought with the stubborn evil guardian. At last, the orb gave up and let go of the staff right above the water. The squad's first reaction is to catch her, but Fanny was the fastest.

Fanny released her cables and flew towards Silvanna and she caught her. Knowing that her cables would definitely not able to support them both, Fanny yelled at her squad members. "Catch!" Granger who happens to be nearby blinked straight towards the two girls' direction upon Fanny's call. Fanny carefully threw Silvanna, whom was holding the staff in her hands, towards Granger.

Granger extended both his arms and caught Silvanna right by the edge of the water, and quickly pulled her back to safety. Silvanna's entire mind went blank during the short period of her rescue mission. After Granger pulled her behind him so she could stay away from the polluted water, Silvanna's legs went weak and she collapsed into the floor with folded knees. Her breath went heavy and beads of sweat appeared on her forehead.

Granger glanced back at her in concern, although his expression doesn't show it much. He was still busy shooting the immortal evil orbs that couldn't stop flying and smashing themselves around them. Rafaela quickly rushed to Silvanna's side and squat beside her. "Your Highness, are you alright?" the angel asked. She placed her right hand behind Silvanna, a golden light emitting from her palm.