Chapter 41

Now standing between her were two demon hunters that are deemed to be the most scary amongst demons. One of them wields a melee weapon, while the other one wields a ranged weapon. If Alice is being completely honest with herself, she did feel a certain intimidation now that she is facing them both. Even though she had lived decades long before these two great grandparents were probably even born.

Yet, there is something about their presence that just automatically scares demons. Thankfully, this is not the first time she had gone through this situation. She calmly stood up from the ground, brushing away dust from her clothes. She looked over to her left wing, which was shot by Granger earlier. As she watched her wound, the hole slowly began to stitch itself together in a short period of time.

Witnessing her fast healing rates, it raises the rest's guards up. Silvanna grabbed her spear and also stood up, followed by Harith who came beside her. While those two unconsciously tensed up, Alucard and Granger remain their composure. They were already expecting that such small wound won't do anything to Alice, a Blood Demon. Which is why they need to plan ahead and find a way to strike her weaknesses.

"Four against one, huh? I thought you said a fair game," Alice then began flapping her wings, slowly floating onto the air. Alucard became a little more defensive than before; now that Silvanna and Harith are currently by his side. Alice smirked. "But sadly, I have no time to waste on the four of you. Instead, what if you enjoy a warm reception from my fellow people?" she said, right palm slowly gleaming red.

Granger immediately get what she was saying. He quickly turned to the gate and exclaimed, "The gate- watch out!" as soon as Granger said that, Alice emit a fiery orb from her palm and threw it towards the gate. The orb grew bigger as it inches closer to the gate, and soon come into collision that cause another shockwave. The orb break the gate and had unfortunately cost the life of some guards by the gate.

Then, to their horror, Orcs of various color and sizes swarmed in like there's no tomorrow. They began raiding the castle ground and with their robust and bulky build; could easily take down some of the guards and demon hunters as well. They growls and roars like a beast they are, ravaging the entire place without any mercy.

The castle ground consist of around 20 yards in length. In no time, the Orcs had managed to cover almost half of the length. Alice folded her arms and grinned at the four of them. Silvanna gripped her spear tighter and shot an angry glare towards Alice. "You spawn of devil!" she angrily raised her voice at Alice. Silvanna's attitude only made Alice sneered. She then quickly turn into a form of floating smoke, flying away from them.

Silvanna stomped the bottom of her spear onto the ground, snorting angrily. Never have she felt this angry before in her entire life. A part of her feels like punching someone in the face; whether they're friends or foes, it doesn't matter. Harith sighed in sorrow while Alucard exhaled in dissatisfaction. Their speculation is true all this time. The Abyss do have something up their sleeves; and that is Alice, the Queen of Blood Demons.

Granger broke their woeful silence. "We are quickly losing in numbers now. Let's go," he said and quickly rush towards the army of Orcs flooding into their castle grounds. Harith raised his head and nodded in determination. "Hm!" he said and followed Granger from behind. Alucard was about to join them when he noticed that Silvanna is not moving at all. He turned around to see her crestfallen figure.

Her eyes were blank and almost lifeless, except for the fact that it's a bit glassy. Alucard became concerned and asked her. "Your Highness...is there anything bothering you?" Only a miserable sigh came out of her as a reply. She lowered her head even more; eyes cloudy. "I...failed..." she mumbled to herself, but was loud enough for Alucard to hear. A part of him understood her truthfully and pitied her, but a part of was still stuck in a bit of confusion.