Chapter 54

A few days after discovering the shocking truth... While the pro heroes that teamed up with Sir Nighteye were pinpointing the location of the young head of the Shie Hassaikai, Chisaki, and Eri, we were on standby. And we were absolutely forbidden to say anything about our work studies.

I finished climbing the wall Mr. Aizawa told us to climb as I look back after hearing Katsuki's voice.

Katsuki: Oi! What'd you figure out!? Tell me!

Kirishima: Sorry, I can't!

Kirishima, Uraraka, Akari, Tsu and Izuku. Everyone who was there at that time would be part of the operation to save Eri.

Aizawa: That said, apart from the Elite Four, who are at least as strong as the pros, the rest of you probably won't have big parts to play. Asui, Uraraka, Akari, Kirishima. You four aren't here of your own volition. What would you like to do?

Uraraka: Mr- I mean, Eraser Head! After hearing that, I can't say I'm not going to help!

Tsu: If you aren't going to say we can't do it, then I would like to help!

Akari: When it comes to saving people, Count me in!

Amajiki: Since the heroes had you participate in the meeting, I think they have recognized you first years' abilities. In fact, I saw firsthand how a first year could shine much brighter than me.

Nejire: You start going off on that whenever you get the chance.

Kirishima: If I could save that girl with my power even a little, then I'll do it, Eraser Head!

Mr. Aizawa just nods his head as if he doesn't care while Grace was looking around trying to say something.

Aizawa: It's fine as long as you understand. Our goal this time is only to save the girl, Eri. We won't step in further than that. It is the opinion of the police and Nighteye that the League of Villains and the Shie Hassaikai are not in a partnership, so the chances are low that the League will be involved in this time's raid. But in case they're wrong and the League ends up involved, then you guys are out.

We all give nods as we agreed to Mr. Aizawa's rule.

[Y/N], Izuku, Kirishima, Akari, Tsu and Uraraka: Roger!

Everyone is being moved to action by Eri's rescue. On the other hand... It didn't seem like a good time to ask Nighteye. Since we were now forbidden to talk about our work studies, I couldn't ask All Might about it. I can't talk to Izuku and the other work study students, either. Eri's situation and All Might's situation... They're both too heavy for me.

Eri: D... Don't go...

I had to put everything I had into rescuing Eri. But back then, my mind was too scattered, and I was barely holding it together...

Tenya: You're not gonna eat?

[Y/N]: U-Uh... Y-yeah! I'm eating!

I panicked and started to eat my food rather quickly to avoid suspicion.

Tenya: Are you okay?

Shoto: You've been rather gloomy ever since you started your work study.

[Y/N]: R-Really?

I grabbed my drink and was a little hesitant because I was thinking about Eri again.

Suddenly, Tenya's karate chop appeared next to me. I looked at Tenya and see that he had a reassuring smile.

Tenya: If you ever feel hopeless, let me know. We're friends, right?

I gasped as I remember those words. The words I said to him when he was looking for revenge against the Hero Killer: Stain.