054

Sixth Month

I slip the dress on, wiggling it past my growing stomach. My arm reaches behind me to zip it, almost dislocating my shoulder in the process. I let out a breath of annoyance, dropping my arms.

"Need help?" Spencer laughs, coming up behind me.

I give him a toothy grin through the mirror. "Yes please."

His fingers brush my back as he grabs ahold of the zipper, a shiver being sent down my spine. Spencer slowly drags it up, moving my hair to the side when the zipper gets to the top. He looks at me through the mirror, wrapping his arms around me and placing his hands on my stomach. He kisses my cheek before bending down and resting his chin on my shoulder. I place my hand lightly on his arm, dragging it down until my hand is resting over large one.

"You look beautiful." He whispers.

I lean my head against his, smiling as I watch us in the mirror. "And you look handsome as ever."

"You're just saying that." He mumbles, brushing the compliment off.

"No, because if I called you ugly then that'd be calling little peanut ugly." I joke.

A smile grows on his face, his eyes meeting mine as we both look in the mirror. "You know what this reminds me of?"

"What?"

"When you took those mirror pictures of us in that store."

My eyes widen when I remember. That feels like ages ago. "We should recreate it." I suggest excitedly, turning around in his arms.

"No I refuse-"

"Pleaseeee?" I beg. "You're the one who brought it up anyways!"

Spencer bites at his bottom lip, looking down at me as I stare at him with hopeful eyes. He lets out a sigh, finally giving in. I lean up and quickly peck his lips.

"I love you!" I yell, speed walking out of the room.

I go over to the closet, going on my tippy toes to reach up for the box. Spencer needs to stop putting everything up at the top. I swear he does it on purpose.

The top of my finger finally grasps onto it, pulling it towards me. I obviously didn't think this through because next thing I know, the box is tumbling down.

"Shit." I mutter, stepping back so it hits the floor and not me.

Spencer appears out of no where, sliding across the floor in his socks, his eyes wide. "What the hell was that? Are you okay?"

I pick up the box, laughing at the expression on his face. "I'm perfectly fine. Look, I found the stuff."

I place it on the table, picking out the bright pink cowgirl hat from that day and placing it on my head. I do a peace sign, posing for Spencer.

"How do I look?"

"Ridiculous."

I glare at him, reaching back into the box. I grab his sombrero and reach up, placing it on his head.

"We'll look ridiculous together then. Let's go take the picture." I say, grabbing his hand and dragging him back in front of the mirror.

I scroll through my camera roll, finding the photo from that day, smiling at how stupid we look. I hold the phone out to Spencer, showing him.

He shakes his head, smiling. "You looked so happy."

"I was happy and in love."

Spencer looks at me confused. "'Was'?"