041

"Valerie I'm not in the mood to drag your ass out of the car, get up." Jamie says, slapping my forehead.

"What the hell?" I whine, rubbing my head. "Jamie, I was awake."

"To be fair, your eyes were closed and you looked dead."

I glare at her and open my door, getting out to grab my bags from the back. Jamie comes in with me, deciding to stay for the night so we don't have to do anymore driving. I dig through my bag as we arrive at my floor, trying to find my key.

"Uh Val." Jamie says, hitting my back.

"Why do you always smack-" I start but pause when I look up and see who's standing in front of my door.

I take a step back, not realizing I'm stepping into Jamie. Jamie notices my uneasiness, stepping in front of me.

"I'm going to be generous and give you to the count of 5 to get your ass into that elevator and leave." Jamie threatens. "I just drove 5 hours so trust me when I say I am not in the mood to throw an old hag down a set of stairs."

The woman who I used to call my mother takes a step forward, "Valerie I just want to talk-"

"No." Jamie stops her. "You don't get to talk to her. Where were you when she was laying in a hospital bed, fighting for her life? When she woke up from nightmares scared to death that he was coming back? When she couldn't sleep or stay in a room without someone being with her? Oh that's right. You were too busy covering for your pedophilic, psycho bitch of a husband. Your chances to talk to her are over."

I mentally thank Jamie for standing up for me. The fear that's racing through my mind and body right now is unexplainable. She knew what he was doing. She helped cover for him until she was the one in danger and that's when she finally did something.

"Valerie please." My mother begs, ignoring Jamie.

I notice Jamie step forward and grab onto her arm, not shocked that she wouldn't hesitate to throw my mother down the stairs. I push back the feeling in my gut and step past Jamie, walking towards her.

"You need to leave." I tell her, avoiding eye contact.

"I just want to talk." She reaches forward to touch my arm and I flinch back, stepping away from her.

"Don't-" I pause and take a breath to calm myself. "Don't touch me. Leave or I will call the police."

She nods, picking up her purse from the ground. "Okay I'll leave. But I really do want to talk. There's a lot I need to say."

I scratch at my arm, something I haven't done ever since I've been with Spencer. I think of everything she could possibly have to say to me, unsure on whether it's worth hearing. I give people too many chances.

"I will talk to you." I say, watching her face lighten up. "But only on my own terms."

"Yes, of course."

"We will talk in the presence of the BAU and Spencer will be in the room at all times."

"Valerie." Jamie says, and I look over to her, noticing  the worry in her expression.

I give her a look, trying to let her know that I know what I'm getting myself into.

"And you're not allowed to see or talk to me until then. If I find out you've showed up here again or tried to contact me, the deal is off."