056

Eighth Month

I sit on the couch in my sports bra and leggings, waiting for the photographer to come and grab me. Today Spencer and I are scheduled for our maternity photoshoot and all the girls wanted to tag along so they did. Apparently pregnancy shoots are 'magical things to witness' as Penelope would say. JJ is sitting on the floor in front of me, letting me play with her hair, while Penelope twirls my curls around her fingers. Jamie and Emily are off to the side eating the pretzels I snuck into my bag.

Spencer walks into the room, drinking his coffee. I forced him to put it into a travel mug because for some odd reason, he thought it was reasonable to bring a regular mug everywhere. My eyes trail over him, in awe with how amazing he looks. He's in all black, his shirt having a few of the buttons undone. He walks over, sitting next to me.

"I'm nervous." He mumbles, making sure only I can hear.

I continue playing with JJ's hair, turning my head in his direction but causing Penelope to tug my hair. "Careful!" She scolds.

I mumble a sorry before looking back at Spencer, trying not to turn my head this time. "Why are you nervous?" I ask.

"I've never done a photoshoot before. I'm probably going to mess it up somehow."

"I haven't either so we'll mess it up together." I joke.

He smiles and I can tell that comforted him a bit. I make a kissy face and he quickly pecks my lips before any of the girls can notice. I smile happily, the baby giving a small kick. The photographer knocks on the doorway to grab our attention, smiling when I look over to her.

"I'm ready when you are."

Penelope let's go of my hair and JJ moves out from in front of me so I can get up. "I am so ready." I laugh, trying to push myself up from the sitting position.

Spencer stands up, grabbing my hands and helping me up. We follow the photographer to where she's set up, a large white drape placed in front of the camera.

"I'm going to have you both take your shoes off so we don't dirty the drape."

I nod and slide my slippers off, Spencer taking his converse off. I can't believe he still wears those beat up shoes. She takes close ups of the bump before Spencer joins me.

"Valerie if you could stand sideways in front of the camera for me and put your hands on your bump." She instructs and I do just as she says. "Alright perfect. Now Spencer if you could stand in front of her and put your hands on top of hers. I'll get a couple photos of both your hands on the bump and then we'll switch it up."

She starts taking the photos, instructing us to move for every different shot. I can tell Spencer's nervous just by the way he's standing. His body is stiff as if he's too scared to move.

"Look at me." I whisper and he listens, his head barely moving as his eyes meet mine. "Relax. You're doing great. You don't need to be so stiff, this is all just for fun."

Spencer nods slightly his eyes glancing from my eyes down to my lips. I make the quick decision to peck his lips, the camera going off.

"Sorry if I ruined that." I laugh, looking over at the photographer.

"No, you're totally fine. I love when couples get lost in the moment and do their own thing. I just want one more photo of Spencer kissing the bump and then you guys can go change for the next round of photos."

I nod and Spencer follows her instructions, getting on his knees. Not the first time he's been on his knees for me.

I look down at him, placing my hands gently on his wrists. He presses his lips to the top of the bump, adding warmth to that area. I feel the baby kick, knowing he or she can sense their dad. Spencer's eyes flutter closed and the the camera begins flashing, capturing the sweet moment. My eyes trail over to all the girls, seeing them watching with smiles on their faces.