025

2 weeks later

In this very moment I am going through a list of jobs that Penelope sent me this morning. She definitely went a bit overboard so I had to shorten the list a good amount. My finger continuously clicks on the mouse, the annoying clicking the only thing I've heard since 8 this morning. I check the time at the corner of the computer, groaning when I see it's almost 3pm. I lean back in the chair, letting out weird screech as I stretch. I don't remember finding a job being this hard. Since when were teacher spots filling up? Last I heard they needed more teachers.

My phone starts ringing and I reach for it, Jamie facetiming me. I slide the little bar to answer it, her face popping up on the screen.

"Hey babes." She smiles.

"Hi sweet cheeks, what's up?" I ask, trying to place my phone against the edge of the computer so she can see me.

She flops onto her bed, holding the phone above her. "Nothing, I'm just bored. I was wondering if you wanted to do something."

I sigh, "I want to but I'm trying to find a job. It's taking foreverrrrrr." I whine.

"I thought Penelope sent you a list?"

"She did but I have to go through all of them to see which would be the best fit."

"I'm sure you'll find something soon hun. Maybe you should get a sugar daddy." She suggests.

"I'll keep my sugar to myself thank you very much."

Jamie laughs, tapping at the phone camera. "Get. A. Sugar. Daddy."

"Stop!" I laugh, "You're so childish."

"I never said I wasn't."

I hear a knock on my door, turning my head to look back at it. "Someone's knocking so I'll call you back."

"No!" She shouts, "What if it's a killer? I'll be a witness."

I roll my eyes at her, making sure she sees. "Fine but you're staying over here. I'll yell if I'm getting stabbed."

"Noted."

My bare feet pad across the cold floor and I unlock the door, slowly opening it to see Spencer standing there.

"Spencer." I breathe out, "Hi."

"Sorry to bother you but I uh- I just went to Maeve's grave." He says, his eyes focusing on his dirty converse. "Actually I went about 5 hours ago and I tried to get closure, like you said."

I give him a sad smile and let him in, closing the door once he gets past me.

"So what-"

"Valerie?! Are you dead yet?" Jamie yells, interrupting me.

Spencer raises his eyebrow in confusion. I rush over to my phone and put my face on the screen.

"You're alive!" She cheers, placing the phone down and showing herself clapping.

"Hey Jamie I have to go, Spencer's here."

"Aw okay." She pouts, "Have fun jumping his bones."

"Jamie." I hiss, turning my volume down.

"Ciao babe." She winks, ending the facetime call.

I place my phone down, praying Spencer didn't hear that. I let out a gasp when I turn around and see Spencer standing there.

"Jeez Spence, you scared the shit out of me." I say, placing a hand on my chest.

"Sorry." He apologizes, giving me a small smile.