017

Everything was going so fast.

My heart slows as I feel it break from the words that leave his lips. His perfect lips.

My eyes begin to tear up, but I look to the side, trying to blink them away. I bite my lip before looking back at Spencer. His eyes trained on me to see my reaction.

"I'm happy for you." I whisper, attempting to give him a smile.

Spencer shakes his head, looking down. "I shouldn't have told you that."

I feel a tear fall and quickly wipe it away before he can see it. I reach my arms out to him.

"Come here." I tell him.

He lifts his head and walks closer. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him to me, hugging him tightly. I notice him hesitate to hug me back but I soon feel his arms snake around my waist.

"I'm happy for you." I repeat, resting my head on his shoulder. "I want you to be happy."

"But you need to be happy too Val." He says, his face nestled into my hair.

"I'm happy as long as you're happy."

That was the truth. Of course I'd rather him be happy with me but if I'm not what gives him what he needs, then I'm glad there's someone that will. She was a lucky girl to be loved by Spencer Reid.

We just sit there awhile, hugging each other. I savor the moment, knowing things will change after this. I know we wouldn't be the same.

"I heard your conversation with Garcia." He tells me, his voice calm and soft.

"You did?"

"Yeah."

I close my eyes and let the tears fall, ignoring the sting of the them hitting my cut. I'm not angry or upset that he had heard. He already knows I love him. He pulls away and brings his hand to my face, wiping the tears.

"I'm going to have to clean that again." He says, referring to my cut.

I sniffle, rubbing my sleeve under my nose. "Yeah"

"By the way, JJ sent me a video of you from last night." He grabs the things from the first aid kit, starting to clean my cut again.

He was trying to change the conversation and I appreciate it.

I let out a small laugh, "Last night is a blur to be honest. I'm pretty sure she was supposed to send it to me though."

"Makes sense." He chuckles.

I close my eyes as he re-cleans my cut, relaxing in his presence. I don't know what to think. My mind was so jumbled I'm not sure it's producing thoughts anymore. I never expected to fall in love with my neighbor when I first moved here. Especially this fast. I feel used. Although he had assured me he didn't have feelings for her when we.....did it, but that was still in the back of my mind.

"Okay your cut is cleaned. Just try not to get hit by any more doors."

"I'll try not to Spence."

We sit in silence as I watch his body language change. He has something on is mind, I can just tell.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Who was the guy you were with?" Spencer asks, clearing his throat.

"Oh that's uh- that's Dalton."

"Dalton what?"

"I don't know he never- Are you kidding me? You want to know his full name so you can have Garcia get a background check on him. Am I correct?"