002

A loud banging is heard making me sit up from my sleeping position.  I rub my blurry eyes, squinting at the bright room. Looking around I realize I fell asleep unpacking boxes last night. The banging continues and it's only until then I realize it's knocking. I stumble up from floor, rushing to the door. I undo the hatch and unlock the door, opening it to reveal Spencer.

"Hey Spence" I say, rubbing my eyes and squinting at him. Of course I forgot to put my glasses on.

"So it's Spence now, huh?" He chimes

I feel my cheeks heat up, "I-I'm sorry that just slipped out"

"It's fine Val" Spencer laughs lightly, "Only one other person has called me that but I like hearing it from you"

He hung his head down, rocking on his heels. If I could see clearly, I would say Spencer was embarrassed after admitting that. Look who's blushing now.

"Come on in" I hold the door wider for him to enter. He nods and walks in taking a look around the place. "Welcome to my humble abode"

"I see you've got mostly everything out and ready"

I look around the counter for my glasses, grabbing them and slipping them on my face. "Yeah I spent most of last night unboxing everything"

After my encounter with Spencer yesterday, it took me a good 5 minutes to finally close my door and pull myself together. I ended up spending the rest of night unboxing and organizing everything. I think I passed out around 3am.

"What was in the mystery box that caused you to almost fall down the stairs?"

I let out a small laugh, "They were most of my books. See?" I point towards the large bookshelf against the wall

Spencer takes his hand out of his pocket, running his hand along the spines of the books. "You have quite the impecable taste in books."

"Thank you" I mumble, scratching my arm

He quickly spins back around to face me. "The reason I came over here was because I wanted to ask you out to lunch. Even though it's 1 hour and 36 minutes after lunch time, I feel as though it's still appropriate"

I've noticed he always knows the exact time of everything. I find it cute. It's one of the things that I find fascinating about him. "Do you always know the exact time?" I question

"Yes. It's something I've just always done. I also ramble random facts whenever I'm nervous." He gives a tight lipped smile

I bit my lip, nodding slowly. I find him and his mind fascinating. The way he talks, the way he thinks. He's one of a kind.

"Valerie I would suggest getting ready. Or else by the time we leave it'll be dinner time" Spencer snaps me out of my thoughts

"Oh shit yeah" I mumble but widen my eyes, "I'm sorry that totally slipped out!"

His eyes crinkle as he lets out a loud laugh. Wow that's the first time I've heard him actually laugh. "I'm 30 years old Val, not 10. I can handle swear words"

I let out a laugh, realizing how ridiculous I was for apologizing. "Yeah- yeah of course. I'm just gonna go to my room quickly, I'll be back out in 5" I say, holding up my hand, signaling 5.

He gives me a thumbs up, taking a seat on my couch. I hurry into my room, flinching as the door slams shut. I dig through my closet trying to find the perfect outfit. It's not like a date right? I hope not. I'm not ready for that. It's only been day 2 of knowing him. I quickly throw on a white long sleeved shirt under my army green short overalls, paired with my white converse.