019

My lips grasp the straw as I take a sip of the cold, fruity cocktail. It goes down my throat smoothly, chilling my body from the hot rays of the sun. I reach over and put the drink back on the table, sliding my sunglasses off as I look over to Jamie. We both had out matching sun hats and sunglasses on. Jamie in a white bikini while I wore a red one piece. She senses me staring and looks over, pushing her sunglasses to the tip of her nose.

"May I help you?"

"No, I was just admiring your beauty." I smile sweetly at her.

She sits up and glares at me. "You're such a liar."

I gasp, placing a hand on my chest. "How dare you accuse me of lying!"

"Mmh." She hums, suspicious of me.

Jamie reaches over, grabbing her beer and taking a slow sip of it. I take my chance while she's distracted and whip out the water blaster from beside me and begin spraying with her. She lets out a squeal and stands up trying to run away but I chase her.

"Valerie stop it!" She yells as I chase her around the beach.

I end up running water pretty quickly and once she realizes it she turns around, glaring at me. My eyes widen and I drop it, putting my hands up in surrender.

"I'm sorry?" I breathe out before she runs at me.

I laugh as I run away from her, causing me to slow down. Suddenly I'm tackled to the ground, making me groan as I collide with the hot sand.

"Gotcha bitch!" She cheers, straddling my back and laughing.

"Get off" I whine, wiggling from under her.

"You're buying me another drink." She says, getting up.

I get up too, brushing the sand off me. "Okay fine. Jesus did you fucking play football or something?"

She shrugs as we walk back to our area, "No, I just grew up with 3 older brothers."

"Makes sense." I laugh

As I'm resetting up my area, I notice my phone buzzing on the table. I reach over to see who's calling and put it back down when I realize it's my mum. The buzzing ends but starts up again shortly after. I try to ignore it and lay down in my lounge chair.

"Who's calling you?" Jamie asks, sitting down.

"Satan."

"Mother satan or a different satan?"

"Mother satan" I say, sliding my sunglasses back on my face.

"Do you want me to answer and tell her to fuck off?"

I laugh, "No but thank you bubs"

"No problemo sweet cheeks."

I relax under the sun until my phone begins buzzing again, ruining the sounds of the waves form the ocean.

"Fuck me." I mumble, reaching over and grabbing it.

I press answer and put it to my ear, "What is it mother?"

Jamie looks over at me and shakes her head. I stick my tongue out at her and she flips me off.

"If that's how you greet the woman who gave you life, no wonder she doesn't call you often."

My body tenses at the voice on the other line. "This is going against your restraining order Lenny."

Jamie sits up when she hears that, her face twisting in confusion. I've never told her about what happened with Lenny. All she knows is that I don't like him and never will.