034

"Merry Christmas Eve!" I cheer, chucking one of the hard pillows at Spencer's head.

I watch in amusement as the chair tips back with Spencer in it, and hits the ground. A groan leaves his lips as he wakes up from the impact, the sound of my laugh filling the room. He clumsily gets up and rubs his eyes, his hair sticking up messily.

"Did you throw a pillow at me?" He asks, his voice raspy.

"Yep. You were taking too long to wake up."

"What time is it?"

"Exactly 8:47 am. I woke up at 6 but I was feeling nice so I let you sleep for longer."

Spencer lets out a yawn, covering his mouth. "You're not a morning person."

"I am when it's Christmas."

He picks the the chair back up and puts his bag on it. His arms reaching up and out and as he stretches, his back cracking.

I scrunch up my nose, "Gross."

"You crack your knuckles all the time Val."

"Yeah my knuckles. I never try and break my damn back."

Spencer let's out a laugh, cracking his neck this time. "Drama queen."

I hang my legs over the side of the bed, sitting up. "I didn't know you knew that term."

He raises an eyebrow at me. "Val I'm only 31."

"7 years older than me, old man. When did you start catching up on 'teenage language'?"

"I'm hip." He jokes, "I'm all with the teenage 'lingo'"

"Oh gosh please don't ever say that again." I laugh out, slapping my forehead.

"I promise I won't." He laughs, "It was a struggle to let those words leave my mouth."

"l bet. What's planned for tonight by the way?"

"Nothing why?"

"Liar" I sing out, smirking.

"I think I would know if I was lying." He says, trying to brush me off.

Not getting rid of me that easily.

I squint my eyes at him, watching as he looks at the wall behind me. "You're not making eye contact with me."

Spencer takes a step closer, staring directly into my eyes. "Oh so that means I'm lying?"

"Yes."

He shakes his head, "I can't get anything past you can I?"

"Nope. Now tell me."

He lets out a sigh, "Garcia's going to kill me."

I let out a breath of a laugh, rolling my eyes. I'm sure she will but right now I just want to be in the loop of everything. Ever since I've been in this hospital, I've been excluded from everything going on around me.

"We talked to the doctor and you're able to get discharged," He tells me and I open my mouth to talk but he cuts me off. "but you can't tell Garcia I told you because she's planning a surprise dinner for you."

"Wow you're great at ruining surprises. You should do that for a living." I tell him, standing up from the bed and patting him on the chest.

"Ha-ha, you're hilarious."

"I know." I say, giving him a wink before walking past him and into the bathroom.

"What are you doing?" He asks before I can close the door.