027

I struggle to lift my head, my whole body feeling heavy and weak. Slowly blinking, my eyes begin to adjust to the dimly lit room. A figure walking over to me, lifting my head so we're face to face.

"Lenny." I whisper, my voice hoarse.

"It's been awhile, hasn't it?"

I feel my eyes begin to droop but he pats my cheek, making my eyes shoot open.

"Don't fall back asleep on me, I need you."

"What happened?" I breathe out, my voice barely above a whisper.

"You should really check your drink before drinking it all." He suggests, walking away from me and going to a table in the corner.

My mind goes back to earlier this night, or yesterday? I'm at a loss for time now.

"Emily?" I ask, remembering she was the one to bring the drinks over.

"Oh heavens no." He laughs, "Agent Prentiss was distracted by that Brad fellow, if I remember correctly."

"I'm guessing you hired the bartender or someone sitting at the bar to put something in the beer?" I scoff, "Of course you couldn't do it yourself."

Lenny walks back towards me, a glass of whisky in his hand. Always drinking, not surprised. Alcoholic piece of shit.

"I don't need to do it myself. I'm a powerful man with many connections." He takes a sip from the glass.

"Not powerful enough to get rid of a restraining order against you." I chuckle, wincing from the pain.

He shakes his head, pointing a finger at me. "I see you still have that attitude of yours. I always hated that about you."

"I'm glad." I weakly smile.

"What restraining order by the way? It seems as though there's nothing on record."

I furrow my eyebrows, my mouth dropping slightly. "No my- my lawyer would've called. She would've told me to extend it."

"People get busy, Valerie." He smirks, swirling his drink around.

My eyes move to the floor, feeling sick from looking at him. She would've called me. She should've called me. I feel the anger bubbling inside me as I look back at him, glaring.

"You sick, cheating, bastard." I spit out.

Lenny reaches forward, gripping my jaw and yanking my head forward. I try to turn my head but he digs his fingers into my skin.

"You will not speak to me that way. Do you understand me?" He snarls.

I clench my jaw, looking away from him. He squeezes my jaw harder, making me release a cry.

"Look at me when I'm speaking to you." He demands, "I asked you a question. Do you understand me?"

"Yes sir." I whimper, letting out a breath when he releases my face.

"Good girl." He says with a smile, walking away from me.

I almost throw up at those words, swallowing to keep it down. My eyes search the room, not seeing any windows, just concrete walls. I'm guessing we're in some type of basement somewhere since there's a set of stairs going up at the other end of the room. I take note of the technology in the room. 2 large televisions, speakers, and multiple computers set up on a table, similar to Penelope's set up.