072

"Valerie what the hell, are you okay?"

I look down at the broken plate in the sink, trying to process what just happened. "Yeah- Yeah I'm good."

I hear Eli crying, probably from the loud crash. Jamie grabs onto my arms, turning me towards her. "You didn't get cut did you?"

I ignore her question, turning my head to look back at the window, seeing if I can see the person again.

"What happened?" Spencer asks breathlessly, coming up behind me. "What is she looking at?"

"There was someone outside watching us."

"What?" Jamie's voice is filled with shock.

"I swear there was someone out there. They hid behind the tree right as I looked a-and- oh my god this is one of Lenny's people isn't it?"

My eyes widen in panic, the uneasy feeling taking over. If this is one of Lenny's people that means he knows where we live. He knows everything. Spencer steps forward, placing his hands on my face.

"Hey, I believe you, okay?." He says softly, brushing my hair behind my ear. "We'll go take a look."

I quickly nod and he nods over to the team, a few of them going out. I see JJ in the corner of my eye, walking over to me with Eli in her arms.

"Seems like somebody wants their mommy."

I put on a smile when his eyes meet mine, taking him from her. I mouth a 'thank you' to JJ, receiving a slight nod and smile back.

//

Spencer

We look around for a good amount of time, making sure not to miss anything. I stop when we start getting too deep into the woods, all of us returning to the yard.

"Anything?"

"There's no sign of anyone being here." Morgan says, holstering his gun.

"If someone was here, they're not anymore." Aaron points out. "Is she sure she saw someone?"

I bite the inside of my cheek in thought, shaking my head. "I don't know. The look in her eyes and the sheer panic in her voice- she had to have seen something."

"Maybe it was just her imagination." Morgan suggests. "I'm not calling her crazy but it's late and dark out. With everything going on with her step-dad, she's bound to imagine the worst."

I nod, not wanting to think that's the case. I don't want it to be true that someone was watching us from outside our home, but I'd rather that than Val start imagining things. She's been through enough already. It's also not unlikely someone was watching us, with Lenny still having control over people.

"But maybe she did see someone." Emily contradicts him. "We can't tell the poor girl she's imagining things when it's likely she isn't. I can feel the uneasiness too, and I do believe her that someone was out here."

Emily heads back inside first, Morgan next, patting my shoulder as he walks by. Hotch and I are left outside and he stops me before I can go in.

"Reid, maybe this is the time to mention it to her."

"I don't think tonight is the night for that."

"The sooner the better." He tells me before walking inside.

//

Valerie

"I'm sorry I ruined Thanksgiving." I tell JJ, feeling horrible for causing a scene.