049

Second Month

I feel my stomach churn, waking me up from my deep sleep. Not this again. I quickly stumble out of bed and run to the bathroom, making it just in time. It doesn't last long, most likely because I haven't had anything to eat yet.

I slowly get up, flushing the toilet before I quickly brush my teeth, not wanting the taste of puke in my mouth. I feel like absolute shit from being woken up but there's not much I can do about that. I'm positive this baby hates me.

I check the time, my eyes squinting at the clock. 5:57am.

Spencer got called onto a case last night so he's not here to deal with my misery. He's been working a bit more lately so I have to deal with the morning sickness alone. Plus when he is here for it, he can't even be in the bathroom with me because the site and sound of throw up makes him cringe. I sigh and shuffle back to my room, throwing on a sweatshirt and my glasses. I put my slippers on, grabbing my keys and phone before heading out of the apartment. Driving most certainly is going to make me feel worse but I'm just going to suck it up.

I arrive to the familiar building and get out, heading inside. I get a visitors pass before going up the elevator, slowly walking out and through the glass doors, passing all the desks to get to the small room. I open the door, Penelope's head turning in my direction.

"What're you doing here lovebug?"

I grab a chair and bring it over, sitting in it and putting my head on the table. "I feel gross."

She's about to say something when she turns back around to the computers. "What is needed my darlings?"

I close my eyes as I listen to her type, my head pounding with a headache. I don't know how long I'm sat here for but next thing I know I'm being tapped awake, Penelope's smiling face in front of me.

"I brought you some hot cocoa with the cute little marshmallows and a cinnamon bun." She says, placing it in front of me.

I lift my head, giving her a smile. "Thank you."

She pats my head before sitting back down. I slowly drink the hot chocolate, making sure it's not too hot. Penelope starts talking to the team and I listen, eating my cinnamon bun.

"Oh and Reid?" She says, "There's a sickly pregnant lady sitting behind me."

She smiles and presses a button, turning towards me. "Val?" Spencer's voice calls out.

"Yeah?" I mumble.

"What're you doing there?"

"Waiting for you to get back so I can kick your ass because I threw up this morning and it's your fault."

"That's the baby not me."

"And who put the baby there?"

Penelope holds back a laugh, putting a hand over her mouth. "I'll be back soon."

"Take your time." I mumble, putting my head back down.

Penelope takes him off speaker, "She's such a charmer. I'll get the info to you lickety split."

She presses end and types something before turning back around to me. "So morning sickness, huh?"

I nod, "It's horrible."

"I'm sorry sweets. Do you need anything else?" Penelope offers.

"No I'm good, thank you. If I fall asleep again, feel free to smack me awake."

"I would never." She laughs.

I put my head back down, closing my eyes and hoping this awful headache will go away.