022

I hear a loud bang, shooting up from my sleep. My eyes try to adjust to the darkness of the room but things are a bit blurry without my glasses.

"Spencer?" I whisper into the darkness.

My hand moves to his side of the bed, feeling around for him. He's not there. Weird.

I swing my legs over, standing up. I rub my eyes as I walk to the bedroom door, helping to clear up my sight. I open the door and walk out, an eerie silence filling the apartment.

"Spencer?" I call out.

"Ah Valerie nice of you to join us."

Chills run all over my body when I hear the voice. My movements freeze, terrified to turn and look.

"Valerie run."

I turn at hearing Spencer's voice, only to see Lenny hit him in the head with the butt of the gun. He was tied to a chair so his head whips to the side harshly, causing a groan to escape his lips.

"Spencer!" I yell, rushing over to him.

Lenny aims the gun at me, not letting me get any closer. I back up, my eyes wide.

"Good girl." He whispers, placing the gun back to Spencer's temple.

"Please don't do this." I beg, tears sliding down my cheeks.

"I told you not to mess with me. Now, you will deal with the consequences." He says, cocking the gun.

"Val look away." Spencer tells me.

"No." I tell him, staring into his pain-filled eyes. I turn to look at Lenny, "I'll do anything, please."

"It's too late for that." He laughs.

"Lenny please!" I cry out, "Shoot me! Shoot me not him."

"No I don't want you dead. I want you to feel pain, to suffer." He tells me, "Say goodbye Valerie."

"Please don't!" I yell.

The gun goes off.

I let out a gasp as I wake up. I place my hand on my chest, feeling my heart pounding. That felt too real. I haven't had a dream about Lenny since I was 19. They stopped after I went to therapy but I guess they're back now.

I look over next to me, Spencer's spot empty. The indent from when he was sleeping is still there. I get out from under the hot covers and leave the bedroom, looking around for spencer. I really need to get my bags so I can have my glasses and contacts. I can't keep walking around in a blurred world.

I notice the bathroom door is closed and I bring my hand up to knock on it but pause. I press my ear against the door, hearing the shower running but I also hear Spencer's quiet sobs. I quietly back away from the door and walk to the kitchen. I don't know how to help him. I know what it's like to lose somebody but I'm unsure on how to help.

I turn my phone on and dial JJ, putting it up to my ear as it rings.

"Valerie, hey." She answers.

"Hey JJ. I just wanted to call and update you on Spence." I speak quietly, not wanting Spencer to hear me even though he's in the shower.

"How's he doing?"

"Well he broke down last night, pretty bad. He also argued with me but that followed with another breakdown."

"And what about this morning?"